Customer reviews

All About Food
Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 April 2012
I first came across this excellent book when teaching Home Economics in the 1990's:
It proved to be a 'bible' of information for the students. It is well written with clear diagrams and the recipes are foolproof too.
I gave a copy to both my sons when they went to college and university and now I've had a phone call from my grandaughter asking if I could get her a copy because her sister has pinched it...
Added to which, I find myself checking on the recipes for old stand-by's too!
on 10 September 2016
Satisfied
on 4 May 2014
As a longstanding Food teacher, I have used the recipes out of this book for years as they work! Some other information in there can be somewhat dated - but don't let this put you off. It's still a good book and cheap to buy.
on 9 November 2015
Great to have a copy to help my daughter with her cooking at school
on 6 February 2014
This is an excellent book, one which my daughter used in home economics at school. It is my most used cookery book, it's so simple yet so adequate
on 6 December 2014
Good standard text book - used it when I taught HE - bought as present for 'new' cook.
on 20 February 2015
Great to get this old favourite back! Recipes are very useful.
on 17 August 2001
I used this book for my GCSE in home economics, and I still have it and use it regularly. It may not contain any adventurous recipies, but it's good for simple things like cheese sauce and pancakes! I remember even at the age of 14, I found some of the chapters patronising, for example the chapter on sandwich preparation. It may be an idea to consider publishing the recipies and the general information separately, or at separate ends of the book. I would recommend this for anyone who wants to get their child cooking, or for students going away from home for the first time who may not know how to make simple, cheap meals. I also hope the book has been updated since 1994, as I remember there were a lot of recipies that contained lard, which suggests that healthy eating wasn't a priority!
9 people found this helpful