Format: Paperback|Change

on 6 December 2012
For detailed line-by-line analysis of many of the key poems from the pen of the great writer Robert Browning, this is spot-on. All the most significant monolgues: My Last Duchess, Fra Lippo Lippi, Porphyria's Lover, and The Laboratory are present, and as an A-level teacher I find the analyses and notes on the dramatic monologues in particular extremely helpful - I have others in the OST series, such as the volume on William Blake, and the concise narrative and precise examples are a common feature. I wouldn't be without it..!
on 2 November 2013
Fantastic item. This has been extremely helpful during my AS English Literature course, it has allowed me to understand the poems covered in more depth and complexity. Makes revision a lot easier, a definite must for any A- level English student studying Browning!
on 15 February 2013
There seems to be very few resources for Browning's poems and this is definitely the best contemporary one I could find.
on 29 December 2013
I'm taking AS literature & studying the works of Browning and Tennyson. It arrived promptly & is very detailed (worth the money; not completely refined). This book had all but one (The pied piper of Hamelin) of the poems im studying greatly analysed line by line and also has a chapter on Language, form & structure. I found it very informative as we aren't going through the poems one by one in class. Using online resources alongside this book has been a fantastic help! I recommend it for anybody studying the wonderful works of Robert Browning.
on 12 July 2015