on 26 May 2017
This is a really good book. Very interesting and certainly struck a chord with me.
on 24 May 2017
A very useful read. Well written.
on 30 March 2013
Having spent two years in therapy for someone with BPD, towards the end I finally admitted I never did really understand why I was diagnosed with it and where I fitted into the criteria. I bought this book and it remained unused for a year and then finally I read it.

I thought I understood BPD perfectly, but little did I know that in reality I never understood my diagnosis at all, but this book changed that.

I highly recommend this book for people with BPD and their families and friends.
on 16 October 2015
This is an excellent book .Not an easy read at all,because Bpd is not an easy subject to understand or to come to terms with, but if you want real insight into the way they think and feel this is the book for you.If you want to help yourself and them, buy it, and read it,( several times) just like I did.It is really hard to get your head around,but it has already helped myself and my son.
on 18 May 2013
I can't put into words how brilliant this book is. A must for anyone who has a friend or loved one who suffers with Borderline. It has opened my eyes and given me strength and hope. Written by a loved one of a sufferer who also has medical qualifications it is an insight into the pain Borderline people suffer and how we can help them cope with the illness.
on 30 March 2013
Having had a daughter recently diagnosed with BPD I found this book excellent. It not only explains the disorder in detail but gives practical advice on how best to react to your loved one. Would wholeheartedly recommend this book if you or yours suffer from this debilitating disorder.
on 8 February 2011
such a good book for families of people with mental illness of any sort really. I think my sister has borderline (not diagnosed) but to be able to show her compassion and help my family work with her is so helpful.
on 18 September 2013
A complex subject was discribed well and the subject was presented in a warm human way when it is oten hard to be kind useful to read for the non medical.
on 23 March 2016
Explained the condition, symptoms and the treatments.
on 4 December 2012
This book gave me an invaluable insight into borderline personality disorder. It outlines the neurological causes in a way that a lay person can understand. It explains the experience of a sufferer and how a sufferer sees various situations. It gives brilliant guidance on how we can help and support people with the condition. Thanks a million, Valerie!