on 29 January 2017
What a wonderful Bible to have. The first thing that stands out is its size: it is easy to carry around, and the fact that it is a hardcover makes it more durable and suited for the purpose.

It is also a "family Bible", with several pages added to it at the front, with pages to commemorate Baptism, Confirmation, First Communion, Matrimony, the names of siblings, children and grandchildren, making it a very personal item to own.

Some have noted the small print: I estimate it around 8-9pts. With glasses on I have no difficulty reading it, in fact the print is much more convenient to read than some of the pocket-sized Bibles I have owned in the past.

There are dividers between chunks of scripture throughout, which makes devotional reading much easier. The divisions, if I am correct, roughly correspond to how the Lectionary would divide up the text.

There are appendices at both the end of the Old and the New Testament, offering brief explanations of starred verses.

At the very back of the book is a short collection of devotional prayers, such as the Apostle's Creed, the Anima Christi, or the De Profundis; and it also lists the mysteries of the Holy Rosary with Bible readings for each, making this Bible a very useful personal devotional tool as well.

I originally bought this as a gift, but I think I will be buying a copy for myself as well, along with a few other spares to give away – fortunately the price is very reasonable!
on 27 July 2012
This is a very attractive Bible spoilt by only one thing, which I'll come to.

The design is very good, and not the norm for an Oxford Bible. The size is good for a pocket Bible, it handles well, and, if you have bought the version without the zipper, there are no problems opening it. The text is small, but uncluttered, even in the prose sections. There are section dividers that add some extra white space to make things easier on the eye. I need reading glasses, but I can see the text without much problem. The notes are placed at the end of the OT and NT, and Dei Verbum is at the beginning. There are attractive glossy pages for family tree details - although why you'd want this in a pocket Bible I don't know.
The only negative is that the weave spine cover does not bind well to the end papers, and is quite noisy as you open and close, with a clearly audible crinkling sound. Apart from that, this is the translation stream (KJV, RSV, ESV, NRSV) pocket Bible I have been looking for.
on 3 February 2012
This bible is a wonderful purchase. It is as you would expect very good quality and a good read. It is a wonderful bible for people. Easy to read and understand. This is the first purchase and in the future I will order another copy.
on 16 July 2015
Good value, but be aware that the print is very small. You need really good eyesight to be able to read it. The book is well produced and nicely printed, but even though I have prescription glasses I find it hard going.
on 1 April 2014
I needed a bible that a) used up-to-date English (and less of the thees and thous!) and b) one that I could take with me and fit in my handbag. This Compact Edition fits both categories perfectly. Of course, to be so light, the paper is very thin - so don't be disappointed by that.
on 4 September 2017
Very nice bible. I love it.
on 30 August 2017
Very pleased with purchase
on 7 August 2017
cinema
on 30 December 2015
An excellent version of the Bible which is recommendable to everybody to achieve their goals and dreams
on 29 May 2017
Easy to read/understand, befits beliefs - thank you