Format: Imitation Leather|Change

on 7 September 2008
I bought this study bible after much consideration of the many that are available. I'd preferred the NKJV, being more poetic at least compared to many of the more modern translations, such as NIV, etc.

The page layout is clear, very easy to read in various lights from sunlight to overhead reading lamp, with extra notes on the bottom of each page. The reference notes are not as comprehensive as say, the MacArthur study bible, but are enough to make you read more into the text with the information they provide. Alternative scriptures are listed either side, but if you are focused on just reading, then this is easily ignored, and if you wish to follow a scripture, they are easy to read too.

Mine came in blue (I never specified a colour) and this is very nice, the bonded leather cover feels good to hold, and can be read in the hand or on a lap or table easily. The silver gilding, although sticky at first (the pages seem stuck together), loosen well, and presents this Bible in a lovely finish. I am glad I had silver, gold is unfortunately not my thing (awkward considering the references to gold in the Bible).

There is a comprehensive set of notes, concordance, chain reference and maps in the rear. The box came with a useful guide and some tips on caring for the Bible.

Overall, an excellent Bible, and one I will buy again when this is worn out.
on 16 April 2014
Well made , this is my second copy of this bible my first was NAS my second NKJV this bible will teach you good solid Christian teachings . Unlike some bibles out there this is a Great Study Bible . Buy it and love it !!
on 17 February 2013
Great buy!!!! Really enjoy using bible!!!! It's good, really interesting and informative!!! It's detailed and helpful to me when studying the Word of God
on 13 April 2011
Brought this as a gift for someone, look at other bible and choose this. I think it is excellcent so far and you can't go wrong with, good explanations, like that it has a zip, keep it protected. Might get one for myself.
on 6 April 2014
God's Word is God's Word. Reading it should NEVER be done the same way bas reading other books, newspapers or anything else. But by first asking Him to "Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law." Psalm 119v18. Then it becomes alive. As He does The Bible is seen for what it is; HIS WORD. Quite simply brilliant and without Him opening it to us, nothing other than similar to an old Shakespeare book. Lots of writing but not alive.
on 20 October 2014
Not as good as wanted to be, used it for bible study and hardly any notes on studies done up to now, very dissapointed with it.
on 30 January 2014
This is an excellent Bible with many useful study features. The only minor irritant for a British reader is American English.