on 20 June 2000
This is a gem of a Popular Science book . In general it is easy, entertaining, yet mind boggling reading although there were times where I found the explanations to be somewhat difficult to follow. The final few chapters deviate strongly from the central theme of string theory yet I am more than prepared to forgive Kaku for this as he delves into the fascinating theories regarding the advancement of human civilisation and the future of the universe.
on 19 August 2014
Starts off great solid reasoning and presents current conjectures well. Final third of the book the author looses direction and starts meandering through popularist Sci-Fi concepts. This author is a top intellect, but he seems to have lost interest in this project towards the end.
on 9 March 2015
too complex for me. not very engaging and didn't really enjoy most of it, found it a hard read. Too tech. Not for the layman in my opinion. Unlike his other books 'Physics Of The Impossible' and 'Physics Of The Future' which I throughly enjoyed especially 'The Future'.
on 29 January 2011
A very good book written in an easily understood way by a man who knows what he is talking about. Some of the concepts stretch your mind a bit but they are explained in an easy way.

A good read for all us 'layman' scientists!!
on 26 August 2016
This book is out of touch with scientific evidence.
10 dimensions and hyperspace.
We don't need more dimensions to explain the universe we need more matter as the dark matter and dark energy conundrums have revealed.
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 October 2013
not an easy read...however really brilliant.... this book gave me some very good ideas about our universe...and definitely made me reflect on a cosmological level about why we're here.... typical Kaku.....
on 19 June 2009
The book I recieved was a used one but it looks quite nice.
I had it in a very short time even before the time period mentioned in site.
In general I am quite satisfied from ordering this item in amazon.
on 24 February 2015
Michio Kaku - my favourite physist.. Awesome book. Read it about 5 times in paperback. Now I can read it as many times as I like on Kindle. No review could do it justice. Read it!
on 17 April 2000
The idea of unification of Relativity and Quantum Mechanics always puzzled me for a long time. Mr Kaku's Geometrical exposition of that concept is really terrific.It is kind of "Wow! "felling we will get on knowing the idea that, How Strings ,which is a geometrical thing, will comprise the matter as we know it.
on 21 November 2012
This was a fantastic book, well recommended to anyone who wants to understand how the universe really works. Be prepared to challange your beliefs.