on 11 March 2013
This story features all the exciting and compelling gods, goddesses, demigods, heroes, mortals, nymphs, and mythical creatures we hold with such reverence and awe. This brilliantly weaves all the tales of the gods and goddesses of ancient Greece/Rome in an anarchic yet elegant way through their misdeeds and exertions. Its fun and not pretentious, yet simultaneously the translation perfectly captures the majesty and poetic intricacy of how the gods are untameable like their lusts and unquenchable passions. It effortlessly blends humour with the pain of the characters, making the gods feel ... real. I could not recommend it more for its astonishingly graceful style.
on 17 April 2016
Great poetry in a beautifully bound book. I love it both to read and look at.
on 25 February 2014
Ovid is difficult to read so it is very good for the car or bedtime on audio books. This is a must for anyone interested in Classics
on 2 January 2016
For those who do not have the time to read the full Latin, I can recommend this easily readable translation which captures the flavour of original Ovid.
on 30 September 2016
Delivery was super fast even for prime. I ordered it before I went to bed and when I woke up it had arrived. Very handy as it was needed for my morning lecture. The book was in fantastic condition and I can't wait to read it.
on 18 November 2016
Good
on 13 January 2016
Lovely book, goes well with my collection of classics.
on 5 November 2015
great product well packed prompt delivery Thanks!
on 6 June 2014
I had read extracts from this version and been impressed by the quality of the translation. I would recommend it to any reader interested in poetry of the period or, indeed, the history of Western art, as Metamorphoses has been so influential on artists and writers for two thousand years.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 October 2017
This is perfect for studying ovid. It's a good translation and is really easy to read, plus it's easy to navigate through the text.