Customer reviews

on 8 November 2012
A classic victorian work - of great help with my historical studies of rural life in the era a useful addition to my library
on 26 June 2017
Great book
on 4 February 2014
I was disappointed with the book content. I greatly enjoy reading Borrow's Wild Wales and, as I was doing research on the Romany way of life, I thought it would be interesting to read a contemporary account from Borrow in The Romany Rye. However much of the content is pedantic, immaterial to Romany life and frankly rather boring. It's informative when giving accounts of customs and habits in Victorian times, but wasn't what I expected.
on 4 November 2014
A book I first read many years ago and thoroughly enjoyed then, now, reading it again it has given me even greater pleasure. It is a pity that George Borrow is not much better known and appreciated.
on 27 December 2014
a long book but worth the read
on 3 August 2015