Format: Paperback|Change

on 6 February 2013
i bought this book for Christmas as a great introduction to poems and language. She loves the book and we have read it almost every night since Christmas Day however the poems included do take a lot of getting used to and some of the words (in todays modernsociety) can be considered inappropriate 'Shiggildy, Shaggildy Shag' for example. Some of the poems do not make sense and I am sure that there are far better poems suited to the book out there. However due to my daughter having learnt the words to 'On the Ning Nang Nong' and her giggles at the Ghostie it gets 2 stars.
on 19 March 2013
I had this book when I was young and spent quite a while trying to find it again now I have my own child (I couldn't remember the title). I loved it then and still do now and my toddler loves it too. Favourite poems are The Song of the Train and Ning Nang Nong, lovely illustrations too.
on 17 March 2013
A really great collection of poems for children,even ones too young to understand the meaning of the words enjoy the rhythm
We read this to our daughter when she was a baby and have now bought it for our grandson
on 8 January 2010
Really good for kids to learn about poetry and sounds. Its sister book Tasty Poems is also excellent. Tasty Poems: New Cover 2006
on 22 June 2010
a very enjoyable book of poems, it fitted in well with our class theme of sound.
the children loved the ning nang nong with its strange rhymes and browsed through the book at every chance. It probably suits infant topics very well. The illustrations were excellent.
on 11 April 2013
These poems are fabulous and my 5 year old loved them. The pictures are also lovely and vibrant which enhanced his engagement. He learned one of the poems for a competition at school and got to the final, so he was thrilled!
on 29 October 2010
I used this book in class as a teacher and the children just loved the different poems and it helped give them a wider vocabulary to use when describing sounds. Particular favourites were Jazz Man and Ceremonial Band.
on 23 September 2012
Very good collection of poems. Colourful pictures. Bought it for my son when he was 1 and we continued to read it until he was well over 4 years. Looking forward to reading it to my younger one now.
Must buy !
on 27 September 2016
This book was an instant hit in our family: when we started reading these poems to our four month old daughter, she started screaming with joy and even breaking into occasional laughter. Delightful!
on 9 November 2014
This is a short book, I bought it for a nursery class that I'll be teaching. The poems are not as good as I expected but they do have a lot of words that can be sounded out for children to join in.