Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 28 April 2017
Think bud liked it x
on 21 June 2010
My little boy (aged 3) was given this recently by his grandpa and he is fascinated by it, asking for it every night. He likes the stories but it is the amazing drawings that really suck you in and absorb you. It is a pleasure for me to read too, so everyone is happy.
on 2 February 2009
Return of an old favourite, now for reading to my grandchildren. Wonderful pictures, well told fables.
on 11 June 2010
This beautifully illustrated book is a must for all families. The colourful images are sufficiently detailed that you will find something new each time you read the book. The stories can be appreciated many times over by all age groups.
on 7 July 2009
Wonderful pictures and well-written classic stories. One of my favourites to read to my children (aged 3). I expect they will like it just as much as they grow older.
on 19 September 2015
Every page of every single book by Brian Wildsmith is a gem, a feast, something to gaze at, almost to gloat over the glorious exhuberance of colour.
But this book has always seemed to me to be the pinnacle of all his work.
This is the book - in spite of much competition for the title - no child should grow up without.
When reading it to our smalls I so often find myself saying to them " Look at the white round the edge here, well, the whole page was white all over. And - look what Brian Wildsmith did to it all by himself".