Customer reviews

Storm Catchers
Format: Paperback|Change

on 1 March 2017
I couldn't wait to keep on reading but towards the end the book got a bit boring. overall I enjoyed the book very much!
on 1 December 2013
Outstanding excitement. Loved it so much, now my favourite book. Terrific drama, you never know what happens next. I couldn't put the book down!!!!
on 19 January 2014
It was brilliant the best book I have read I recommend for others
The story is so thrilling all the describing words are used well
on 16 April 2014
this story is about a girl how hearts kidnapped and kept in a cave for a long time the dad has a secret so go on read this amazing book recommend to 9 to 100 year olds
on 26 April 2017
Thx
on 12 August 2014
Let me first say, that I am 55 yrs old. I picked it up when i had just finished a particularly heavy (adult) crime novel thinking that i would like something light and easy to read as a change. Storm Catchers was very different to how I imagined a teen novel to be. The plot was not the easy, light, quick read I imagined. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It is the first book of Tim Bowler's I have read and I have since bought 5 others of his to read.
It kept me wondering, and on the edge of my seat. I engaged with the main character, Fin, straight away. I loved the style and pace of the novel, I felt the emotions and was not disappointed with the ending.. No spoilers from me, you will have to read it yourself.
I think that Tim Bowler has the unique skill of reaching out to all ages and look forward to reading more of his books.
on 8 November 2003
I bought this book a while ago and it went on my pile of books that i intended on reading but never seemed to get round to. When I went on holiday the other week, I took 2 books, this and another one, only really thinking i'd read the other one. I finished the first within the first day or so. I reluctantly picked up "Storm Catchers" and read the first page or two. I was imediately captured in the lives of Ella, Fin, Sammy and all the other intriging characters that made this book a great read. With a twist of magic thrown into the very realistic storyline, this book entertained me through out. I would recommend this book to children over 13 who enjoy a good bit of action. Don't read this book when you're on your own at home and there is a storm brewing.....
on 20 July 2007
Tim Bowler is one of those rare children's authors who never patronise a child. He deals with important issues but in such a way that readers are never bored or talked down to. He doesn't shy away from the difficult stuff and he has the ability to craft a character who the readers actually care for. This book is fast paced, exciting and excellently crafted. A poet working in prose. He is a standard favourite with my children and I think this is one of his best.
on 19 July 2007
One of the things Tim Bowler is really good at is grabbing the reader's attention from the first page. This is particularly the case with Stormcatchers. Right from the opening words there is an atmosphere of tension. As the story unfolds nothing is quite as it seems and the twist at the end makes you realise that even those we love and trust may be flawed. This is a good read for young teens.
on 4 July 2001
I thought this book, "Storm Catchers," was brilliant. The tension was high and had me gripped from the very beginning to the final page. It is very well written - a powerful and thought- provoking novel. I don't want to give anything away but the ending is excellent - a really clever twist. It is a novel of betrayal and revenge. The plot is well thought-out and intriguing. I have read other books by Tim Bowler, "River Boy" and "Shadows", both of which were very good, but I definitely found this the best. I would recommend it to almost anyone, but especcially people who enjoy books crammed with action and suspense, yet also sensitive and subtle. It was an enthralling book by a captivating author,now one of my favourites, and you're making a mistake if you don't at least try it!