on 8 September 2005
It was very empowering for me as a child to read Pippi's adventures. Her independence, common sense, strength, resourcefulness, and compassion were a tremendous inspiration to me and continue to be very commendable qualities. I don't believe much was lost in the translation of these books because the storytelling flows superbly and is exciting, engaging, and enduring. As a youngster, my favorite elements of these stories included Pippi's hoard of gold, pet horse, physical strength, fantastic adventures, and red hair. As an adult, I am drawn to the heroine's wisdom and goodness of spirit. For adults who read Pippi as a child, I recommend a revisit to her world for a fresh view of her character as well as delightful reminiscing. This is terrific reading for all ages both girls and boys.

J.H. Sweet, author of The Fairy Chronicles
VINE VOICEon 13 August 2008
Having read somewhere that the inspiration for Stieg Larsson 'Lisbeth Salander' was Pippi Longstocking, and as I adored the trilogy 'Millenium', after I finished it I went on to re-read Pippi Longstocking and was utterly taken by how enjoyable these stories are even as a full over grown-up adult ! Pippi is so endearing you just want to meet her and spend a fun day at Villekulla cottage with her, mr Nelson and the horse. Lindgren simply had a stroke of genius when creating Pippi, as very few characters come so alive, so pure delight in their unpredictibility, and among all the fun to be had yet Pippi also manages to be very touching by sheer kindness and warmth at all times. The wicked are always caught by their own weakness and Pippi only pushes them on their own road, always with great fun, never with criticisms !
There is heaps of wisdom to be learned from Pippi and not only for children but also for their parents too !
A wonderful recipe for happiness, fun and kindness.
on 28 September 2009
My 9 year old daughter loves these stories. They are quick bedtime stories. Pipi's antics always make us smile.
on 3 June 2009
This book is a timeless classic. I remember loving it when I was a little girl and now both my daughters have read it too. My youngest is 6 and enjoyed it so much she wanted to buy it for a friend's birthday. This collection is great value for money.
on 15 August 2009
This is a really good value collection of all the Pippi Longstocking stories in one paperback book. The stories of a little girl who lives on her own with a monkey, a horse and a suitcase full of gold coins are truly timeless and uplifting. My children love these stories. I also recommend the hardback Pippi Longstocking Gift Edition with limited edition printsedition of the first book.
on 15 October 2011
I brought this book for my grandaughter for last Christmas but on a holiday she left it on a return trip from Portugal and has asked me ever since could I replace it.
She is now over the moon that she has it again,the fact out of all her books this was the one she chose to take with her and she wanted it replaced speaks for it's self so I would recomend it to anyone
on 13 November 2011
I grew up with the stories of Astrid Lindgren, and Pippi Longstocking was my favourite.
I hadn't forgotten about the author who through her stories gave children power, freedom and both a voice and choice, and always the right to their own lives; but it was lovely to be reacquainted. I've read this book to myself and out loud and it's timeless.
Astrid and Pippi made it easier to be me, to be different. Pippi doesn't go to school, I didn't like school. She spins tall tales, I sometimes got lost in the ones I told. She lived on her own, I often wished I could. Visiting Pippi's world made it easier to grow roots and ground myself. Pippi still has the power to inspire and touch the hearts of children and big kids.
Pippi's sense of humour is one of her strengths:
(Excerpt: "Are you the girl who's moved into Villekulla Cottage?" asked one of the policemen.
"Not me!"said Pippi. I'm her very small aunt who lives on the third floor at the other end of the town." She only said this because she wanted to have a bit of fun with the policemen. But they didn't think it was the least bit funny. They told her not to try to be so clever. And then they explained that kind people in the town had arranged for her to be placed in a Children's Home.
"I'm already in a Children's Home," said Pippi.
"What's that? Is it already arranged?" asked the policemen. "Which Children's Home is that?"
"This one," said Pippi proudly. "I'm a child, and this is my home. There aren't any grown-ups living here, so I think that makes it a Children's Home.")
I had to grow up to realise how much Astrid and Pippi actually gave me. I'm happy to say I've become like a child again.

Tina Brescanu Author of Warriors of Change:Sentenced to School
on 3 September 2012
This book was very entertaining my daughter loved it. It was good value too with three books in one. I remembered Pippi Longstocking from my own childhood but had forgotten quite how zany and funny she was.
on 2 January 2010
What can I say, Pippi Longstocking alive, funny, surprisingly witty at times, philosophical, even for adults entertaining to read. Ideal for reading at bedtime, as it might be quite challenging for an 8-10 year old to read on their own, depends on their reading confidence.
on 21 November 2010
Very amusing and original. I really enjoyed reading this book with my 9 year old son. It is totally bonkers and off the wall - we both howled with laughter at some of the stories. Highly recommended