I did my O'level in English Lit and the poem I did was "The Lady of Shalott" I have always meant ro read it it again but all these years on I have . The poem is still as haunting and mystical as it was when I first readit, and the pictures are beautiful if you want to read this lovely poem and get the atmosphere from the drawings then this is the way to do it.
on 9 May 2017
Item arrived soon. It was as the seller described it. Very happy with this purchase. Thank you very very much.
on 2 November 2013
This is a very well presented book with fine sketch drawings, but I felt it was a little over priced for what it was, a book to have on the shelf all the same.
on 11 June 2014
Didn't realise it was such a large thin book. maybe i didn;t read the summary properly but it was visually disappointing. not something i want to display on my bookcase. the poem is what it is, great.
on 3 March 2001
The Lady Of Shalott has for many years held within the reading of its lines a mysterious wonderment and fascination for me. My personal imaginings and visualisation of the poem were vivid but it was amazing to see those images come to life through the illustrations. While this edition of Tennyson's poem is perhaps aimed at younger readers it is a pleasure for readers of all ages to enjoy and thrill at. The combination of such beautiful words and beautiful images is a marvel to grace anyone's bookcase.
on 21 October 2011
I love this poem. It belongs to a bygone age where romance and the idea of dying of love were still accepted aspects of the imagination. Forget those generations of later schoolgirls who sniggered at the Lady's " curse "; this poem recaptures beautifully a world of myth. The modern illustrations are haunting and evocative. I love this book!
on 15 November 2010
a wonderful book bought for my daughters friend.she loves it and will read it time and time again i will buy books again from amazon
on 19 July 2013
When this book arrived I was not sure I would like the modern illustrations, but as I have read and re-read the poem I have come to admire their beauty and simplicity. Splendidly packaged, coupled with a swift response make this a great purchase. And the price too makes this a must for all lovers of "Arthuriana".
on 26 September 2013
I am quite please with the book. It arrived before the stipulated time and as described on the site. I will definitely recommend and shall use this site myself in the future.
on 19 May 2012
A beautiful version of a classic. The illustrations add to the atmosphere of the story-line. The product was well priced and delivered on time.