on 6 April 2017
Good resource
on 5 March 2005
We have had this little book for 3 years.We have dictionaries, major Spanish grammar books, but nowhere can you find such a concise summary of the little foibles of Spanish grammar, and the nightmare of 14 tenses. We are at intermediate level, and are off to Argentina next week. This book cones with us.
on 17 June 2003
Covers all group constructions for verb tenses in a simple format (ideal for revision and quick reference) with most grammar points explained simply. As it was light I took this book with me when I studied for 3 months in Spain. I would not have been so successful without it.
on 5 March 2011
ORDER NOT DELIVERED BUT CHARGED. REFUND PROMISED BUT NOBODY WOULD RING ME TO CONFIRM THAT THIS WOULD HAPPEN DESPITE ME BEGGING A PHONECALL SEVERAL TIMES AND GIVING MY NUMBER!
EVENTUALLY TOLD IT MUST BE OUT OF STOCK BUT HAD AN EMAIL SAYING IT WAS SHIPPED! AND NOW YOU WANT A REVIEW ON PURCHASE!! IT DEFIES BELIEF! WHAT INCOMPETENCE.
on 11 June 2014
I have used this book through GCSE and A Level and it is the best language book I have ever bought. Some of the criticisms of this book are because people have bought it to try and learn grammar. It is a "revision" book and serves that purpose precisely, I also use it pretty much every class as a quick reference, mainly for checking on tense formation that I am constantly forgetting.

I have other grammar books but they are 200 pages plus long and it takes too long to find the relevant section if you need to find it quickly in a conversation for example. They also weigh a tonne and are not something you want to be carrying around to every class.

The book is pricy for its size, but what you are paying for is precisely the information that you need, in a very clear, and quickly to understand, format.
on 25 December 2006
This book was recommended by several friends and is a fantastic aid to learn Spanish. It is a really good resource to learn the basics and the finer aspects of the language.
on 19 September 2010
I am astonished by the criticisms of this book on your site. This is undoubtedly the most useful book I have found in any of the languages I have studied. It is logically organised, with a good index; everything you need to speak good Spanish is there, (except vocabulary, pronunciation and months of hard work - but then it doesn't pretend to supply these) However,if you're not really interested in language, or want to do one evening class a week and forget it the rest of the time, this book is not for you.
on 27 January 2012
Excellent - does exactly what it says: a clear concise grammar for those who want to learn how the language works. As a teacher of languages for many years, I would not hesitate to recommend this to the serious learner.Caution: not for those who look for gimmicks i.e. there are no jokey titles, cartoons or pictures, and you do need a grasp of basic (English) grammar terminology.
on 26 November 2012
Very good spanish grammer book especially for people just grasping the spanish and grammer and beyond. A fun , easy layout results in a brilliant learning regime. The only critisicm is it has no pictures so is quite boring to look at but a great tool nonetheless.
on 14 October 2004
I bought this from my Open U Spanish for Beginner's course and to be honest, I hardly used the book. It is not well laid out and seriously, you can get by the course without even using it. There are sections in the course that refer to pages in this book but most of the information you can get off the internet or ask another student for the relevant pages. Waste of money.