on 28 July 2017
Beautifully illustrated book that I was recommended by a friend in Australia and a lovely insight into the Australian culture and foods.
Would certainly recommend to get for a child.
on 1 April 2017
This was one of my favourite books growing up. It is a lovely reminder of Australian. Now my daughter loves it and we have been buying it for her friends as birthday presents.
on 13 June 2017
This book is a necessity.
on 7 June 2017
excellent
on 20 September 1998
Having read this beautifully illustrated and written story for over twelve years of teaching 2-5 year old children it has always been a favourite.Children sit in wonder to what might happen with Hush and Grandma poss in the story.They feel sad when at first nothing works then finally joyfull and happy with the outcome of Hush and Grandma poss adventure for a cure. Which often leads children asking me to re read it.
on 10 October 2006
I brought this book in Australia over almost 10 years ago for my then only son. I have a four year old now who like his brother before him had enjoyed Mem Fox's brilliantly written, beautifully drawn book.

This is a must for any parent and child - a real pleasure to read time, after time, after time.
on 9 January 2005
Excellent, excellent - a fantastic book for parents to read to their children at bedtime or anytime to any child. You won't be disappointed.
on 20 July 2014
I have used this book for Year 1 learning about Australia. This book is fab because Grandma Poss and Baby Hush travel around Australia visiting different parts. Using this book we also created our own tour of Australia finding out more information about Adelaide, Melbourne etc The illustrations and the storyline were wonderful and my class really identified with the characters and thought of their own ingredients to make Baby Hush visible again.
on 9 May 2010
This was one of the first books that my mum got me when I was a child and I still have that original copy in my bookcase today. I recently bought a copy for my cousins in the UK but wasnt sure if they would understand the Australian references. However it was a great way for educating them about Australian culture including the importance of lamingtons in Adelaide (a sponge, chocolate coconut Aussie concoction for those unsure!)!!!!
The illustrations are amazing and beautifully colourful for young and old alike. And the story is one that never grows old! This is a book that should be in every childs bookcase! I would also recommend 'Wombat Stew', 'Diary of a Wombat' and 'Koala Lou' for some Aussie classics!!!!
And Mem Fox's new Giraffe in the Bath is another necessary addition - absolutely hilarious and once again great illustrations. I actually laughed out loud in the book store reading this one (and I am 24!!)
on 7 January 2010
I love this book it reminds me of being a kid!
Every child should have this book. The pictures are beautiful and very colourful and the story entertaining, there are pictures on every page, which help to describe the story.