Customer reviews

on 11 September 2016
Love this story !!

We're a family who loves space and science but it's also a lovely story that my 3 month old loves to listen to. A win-win all round.
on 2 July 2016
Nice book and sentiment, flow could be a little better but very nice thanks
on 3 May 2014
Nice little book to give it away for someone close to you in their birthday... Good value!!! Will recommended to anyone
on 12 July 2012
I have to say it brought a tear to my eye when I read this book and I know my niece will love it when her baby daughter is born soon.
on 12 July 2013
This book was recommended to me by a friend and I'm glad I found it, it is by far one of the nicest children's books I have read. It brings a tear to my eye as I reach the end and remember the birth of my little boy.
I would recommend this book to any new parent or as the perfect gift at a baby shower.
on 15 September 2013
Great present or a newborn... Beautiful words and so fitting for babies, girl or boy. I received this as a gift when I had my second, loved it so much that I bought one for a friend.
on 11 December 2013
on 19 May 2001
A beautiful book to celebrate the birth of a child. The clear simple illustrations complement the text: "On the day you were born, the Earth turned, the Moon pulled, the Sun flared, and, then, with a push, you slipped out into the dark quiet where you could suddenly hear...." The extra information at thte back of the book gives some fascinating information for older children. You may find the sentiment a bit to saccharin as an American book, but for the children it hits the right note.
10 people found this helpful
on 21 July 1999
This book puts into words beautifully, how every parent feels about their child. A wonderful present for parents-to-be. I have to wait until my two year old is asleep before I read it to him as I cannot read it without crying (sounds pointless, but I hope his subconscious is getting the message - if that makes sense?)!
10 people found this helpful
on 22 October 2014
Quite q thought provoking book which I bought for my new grandson. I'm sure it will be lovely for him to look at in the future. Sturdy make.