Customer reviews

on 15 July 1999
Beautiful visual and written images of babies and children from many cultures being carried in wraps and slings, on backs and in arms, as families work and play together. Babywearing and breastfeeding are depicted in harmony with the family's daily life. Babies and children are shown learning from their close proximity to Mother and other family members. I get the same feeling of inner peace from this book that I receive in wearing my own babies and it is a joy to share this book with my children and others.
on 15 July 1999
on 7 January 2010
This book is great, my girls love it. The pictures are very nice. The book shows people from different parts of the world carrying babies and children in all sorts of contraptions, a way to discover remote places, and that a pram or a backpack are not the only ways to cart babies around.
on 20 May 2010
This beautiful illustrated book Is well presented and filled with informative yet interesting stories of how mothers, fathers, siblings carry young children and why. I love this book and the children I read it to do too. Book arrived in good conduction and very quick delivery I am very happy with my purchase
on 18 July 2014
The book was as described, had been pre-loved which showed. Lovely illustrations, interesting to child and adult alike, especially for a child whose mum has been using slings to carry him, he loves it.
on 14 January 2016
Lovely but I was expecting more of a story line.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse