on 14 September 2017
I think it's important to teach young children at least the correct names for their private parts as soon as they are old enough to notice and start asking questions. I have had this conversation with my pre-schooler to not only make him aware of the name but also the personal nature of his genitals, for safe-guarding reasons. I.e. they are his property alone for looking at and touching! I found this book endearing and simple to read. The only thing I would have omitted was the diagrammatical illustration of the inner parts of the reproductive organs. I felt this went over my child's head somewhat because it relates to the internal anatomy that he can't see. It was also a bit confusing because he couldn't make sense of the diagram. The book also should make up its mind about whether it is purely discussing sexual organs and puberty, or discussing sexual intercourse and reproduction. Trying to do both superficially didn't really work. However, as a starter book this is fine and I would recommend to all responsible parents to open up an honest dialogue with your child about the sexual organs and privacy.
on 1 March 2017
Really wonderful approach to helping your child understand bodies with no over explaining or sexual detail, although the promise by the book that kids are then satisfied with this and only this information is a little optimistic as the first question after going through the book is "HOW?".
on 29 December 2016
This was for my 10 yr old as in scotland they are getting sex ed at 10! It explains the basics before he was taught. He happily shared it with me and discussed without embarrassed moments! Highly recommended
on 16 November 2013
I thought the content of the book was good, however i personally feel its a bit to much information for a four year old and would say it was more for 6+
on 28 July 2016
My daughter was 5 when i bought this book and she loves it! Very good for when they start asking about body parts and how things work. This is very age appropriate material explaining the basics and showing body parts, using proper names.
on 12 September 2017
Great book for a great price. This book is recommended by social work to help parents talk about private parts and babies with their kids. I bought this for my 5 year old. I think its fab. Fast delivery and good service. Would highly recommend.
on 7 July 2017
Think the book goes a little to much indepth for the age its stated for. i will not be using this book for my 5 year old. there are better ones to cater for age.
on 4 August 2017
Bought this for my 2yo & 4yo, as they were beginning to ask alot of questions. Nice and clear for them to understand.
on 18 September 2017
Great educational book to read through with your child. Teaches about consent and how their bodies belongs to them. Super.
on 9 November 2015
I bought this for my 6 year old but this is more for kids age 4-5 , but it did spark a conversation which I than had a base for answers