Customer reviews

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 31 May 1999
Sherwood Smith did a great job making the story line interesting.
She has great ideas on what other people like to read. Most of all the books were a great source of entertainment, and I really liked Wren.
As the second book in the series, this book is full of action and plodding, not to mention plotting on the author's part;)
Read the Wren books, read the Meliara Books!
on 1 June 1999
The characters are some of the best I have read. They are all so different, of different levels, weak and strong, quiet and lout, this has a whole variety of things to keep you hooked on the book.
There's action with animals and swords, romance between commoners and their royalty, unusual magic that goes and returns...this book is great, it has everything a female/male could wish for in a book. Read it!
-Juliette, 16
on 2 May 1999
Ah, a young adult fantasy that is witty and sly enough to pass of as an adult fantasy, I applaude Sherwood Smith. Someone mentioned how this fits into the so-called "Tamora Pierce" category, what IS the "Tamora Pierce" category? Tamora Pierce's books are quite simple and trival, Sherwood Smith writes with style and pizzaz.
If you think these Wren books are good, you HAVE to try the Duets, Crown Duel and Court Duel.
on 27 March 1999
Who else can whip up a tale full of magic, mystery, secrets, romance, friendship, action, and adventure as well as Sherwood Smith can?
Wren is a delightful young teenager to read about, and her adventures are funny and magical which makes a great read. I usually like a good romance in books, and this book supplies it.
I can't wait for the next book by Sherwood Smith.
on 17 May 1999
Sherwood Smith's writing just casts a spell over me, I have a hard time putting her books down. If you liked the other Wren books and Meliara ones, you will love this one! I know I did.
By the ways, when's her next book coming out? My friends and I are waiting, waiting, waiting, for her next book!
on 17 May 1999
this book was such a thrill to read I had been waoting for it for so long and it gets really sad but a good sad, for a story then it got so exciting near the end I was jumping up and down this book is a great to read especially if your as big a fan as I am of Sherwood Smith.
on 3 May 1999
These Wren books are great, but i have to say that Wren's Quest is the best of the three. You can't miss out on this great series. There's a princess, a prince, some magic, and romance. Read this book, there's nothing to regret, it's well worth the hard cover price.
on 20 May 1999
Weird, this book is hard to forget. I'm constantly thinking about the characters, especially princess Theresa, and all their consequences. I've been a fan of this book for a LONG time, when's a new book coming out?
on 2 June 1999
I absolutely loved Wren to the Rescue. I picked it up in third grade, and haven't come across many books that willl eat it. HOWEVER, I was REALLY disapointed in this one. Connor's charachter undergoes a very BIG change, and many other details also mysteriosly changed. This goes also for Wren's War. Yes the plot was okay, but I think she could have put more heart and thought into this book. I also thought it was alot like her first Wren book. Tyron was turned into a dog, and Wren a fish. Hmmmm. Sound familiar? I think Sherwood Smith could have come up with new and different ways to incorporate majic in her books.
on 17 May 1999
This was a wonderful book. Everybody agrees that it rocked.I like how Smith puts in what you least expect and makes it connecting in the end, for a somewhat grand finale.I hope she writes more books like these (I have complete faith that she will) and more books about these characters. I hope Crown Duel will be as good as this!