Customer reviews

on 21 July 2014
I have read the first two novels and enjoyed this as much as those. I have already purchased part 4. All in all the series is an easy to read, enjoyable and though provoking tale. Highly recommended.
on 17 August 2013
A great read for any Prepper or survivalist. Easy to relate to and gripping story. I have seince bought and started reading the second book.
on 20 March 2017
Great series. Easy to buy from Amazon. Too easy sometimes!
on 25 November 2014
I so enjoyed getting back to these characters and this story. I had a hard time deciding between 3 or 4 stars but this one was not quite up to the level of the first two so my rating dropped to a 3 but I still enjoyed it in a different way than the others. All our regular gang are still here, though still not back together. Things switch between the guys & family, then we see what Jess is up to. This volume is not as action-happy as the previous two, there is still plenty of shoot 'em ups but there are definitely less than the norm. This left some periods where the story was all about talking about the next scheme or waiting for an episode to happen. What I can say though, is that this volume certainly improves on the character development of nearly every one of the major players. Thad had already been the most developed character and Morg too but we get to see a different side of Morg as he interacts with his family and we learn the different personalities of his three daughters. The soldier guys are all developed much further as well. I've really come to like this hodge-podge group of rough 'n' tough alpha males! The only one whose development was left out was Jeff. He's always there but I had to wrack my brain to recall how he came to be with these folks in the first place. Anyway great, fun series for those who like survivalationist themes.
on 17 May 2014
The follow-up to "Going Home" doesn't disappoint. An action-packed read with a continuous pace that doesn't let up. The three male characters from the first book return, each back to their "home" and the book's narrative continuously shifts from one to the other. I've grown invested in the characters though I don't know if like would be the correct word to use as they are all morally reprehensible to me. Well, I guess I do like them in spite of their morals. LOL. This is just such a fun book and reads like a TV show to me; I can just see it all playing out in my head. The pace is fantastic and it was a page-turner. The book ends on an exciting note and I can't wait to read the next book. If you like military, gung-ho, survivalist themes you'll love this series.
on 1 August 2013
Surviving home was more than and greater than the first book Going Home. An intense and hypnotic read that draws you into a reality only a breath away from our own. The writer "Angery American" keeps you in a state of expectancy creating an almost addict like state.
on 22 November 2013
Another great story from A American. Part is a solid story that further takes us along with Morgan and family. Escaping Home leads us right up and into book #4. Cannot wait for #4!
on 6 February 2014
OK as a work of fiction, but not very well written and excessive reference to branded products. Was the author sponsored by prepper product brands in the writing of this I wonder?

Also many feet of typeface devoted to description of meals consumed, and these descriptions made little contribution to the plot.

Too many untied ends at the finish of this book, very transparently driving sales of the following volume Escaping Home....

Having read all three volumes so far published, not one ends in a satisfactory way for me. After volume three I will not be wasting any more money or time in reading books from this author.
on 6 February 2014
OK as a work of fiction, but not very well written and yet again excessive reference to branded products. Was the author sponsored by prepper product brands in the writing of this I wonder?

Once again many feet of typeface devoted to description of meals consumed, and these descriptions made little contribution to the plot.

Too many untied ends at the finish of this book, very transparently driving sales of a future volume.

on 9 April 2014
...as the first book. Far too many grammatical errors and missing words. Now and then is normal but there were too many in this book and it meant I couldn't engross myself as much I did the first. The storyline is still brilliant, no unrealistic scenarios or dialogue like in some post disaster/apocalypse novels. The character humour is a little poor but there's not a lot of it, just enough to notice.