Format: MP3 CD|Change

on 11 February 2009
As always, Lauren Child's stories are wonderful, so we were very pleased to find this Audio CD. Like others I was puzzled when it wouldn't play, and I got a replacement. When that wouldn't play either I looked into it a bit more and found, like others, that although it doesn't say so on the cover, it's MP3 format. So I imported the stories into iTunes on my PC, then created a playlist of the five stories, then put in a blank CD-R and burned the stories to the disk. It took about ten minutes. Now it will play on any machine.
on 23 November 2008
Extremely annoying that it is not made clear before buying that it will only play on mp3 compatible cd players. Mine only plays in the car and not on kids cd players in house so has been sent back after returning it once becauser I thought it was faulty as the first one I got had no indication on it that the cd had to be mp3 campatible. A very sad 2years old has been disappointed twice
One of a growing collection of audiobooks which forms part of our kids' bedtime listening. One of my kids loves this (along with 'My Completely Best Story Collection' which we pair together as a playlist) but their older sibling really doesn't (which is not ideal seeing as they currently share a room - good job they take it in turns to choose their evening listening!). I think they're ideal as they're fun to listen to without being too rowdy for bedtime wind-down.

Probably worth noting - as other reviewers have stated - that this is an mp3 format disc rather than an Audio CD so it will likely not play in a normal CD player. Our kids' audio player is made up of an ipod and a speaker dock so was ideal for us... but just so you don't get caught out, make sure you can convert it to a regular CD should you need to (easily done on most home personal computers).
on 1 November 2008
The stories may be great but given they are MP3 files they will not play in the car or any of my 3 CD players or DVD player. Plays on my laptop but that is hardly practical! Not fit for purpose - Puffin, sort it out!
on 23 December 2008
It was very annoying to find out that this latest cd is an MP3 format. This should have been made clear prior to purchase which would have saved me lots of time. I have been trying to sort this since October, now I have a very disapointed 4 year old for Christmas. Poor show amazon, puffin you need to take responsibility for this - we are not amused.
on 18 May 2009
My daughter already owns a Charlie & Lola audio CD, which she loves, so I thought this was the perfect choice for her birthday. However, I was so annoyed to discover that it would not play. We tried various CD players to no avail and had to return it. Neither was there an automatic replacement option. One very disappointed little birthday girl!As it had been ordered a little while before her birthday I had discarded the packaging, but returning it was made quite straightforward by printing off a returns label/free postage online.
on 25 July 2011
I bought this cd for my 4 year old son as he has the first one and it is his favourite. This second cd is as good as the first and listeners will not be disappointed. The only point I have about it is the fact your cd player has to be mp3 compatible this caused me problems. I bought it thinking it would play on my son's ELC cd player which is only 6 months old, it didn't. He can only listen to it in the car........... so please double check your cd player before buying
on 5 January 2009
I bought this CD for my kids to listen to in the car but it doesn't play on my car CD player so it is not fit for purpose. What a missed opportunity to create something useful. Roll on a proper audio CD that actually plays on an audio player.
on 22 April 2009
Great CD once you find a way of listening to it. 5 lovely stories which went down very well.
on 20 September 2011
My 2 year old daughter was astounded when she hear Charlie and Lola suddenly talking in the car, she was so shocked she was quiet for a good 5 minutes, amazing!

The stories are very short (but very funny)and automatically replay so must admit I am getting a bit sick of them but she loves them and as soon as we get in the car she asks "chalie-looola". We've had this about 2 weeks and she knows most of the words!