on 19 May 2010
The opening description of this item says in Bold "UNABRIDGED". The moment I opened the packet it was clear this is an abridged item. Penguin have labelled their product clearly; Amazon have not. Like the other reviewers I am deeply disappointed.

This may well be a good abridged version; I haven't had time to listen to it yet. However it will continue to get damning reviews here while it is not labeled correctly.
22 Comments| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 January 2010
I bought this one because it was the cheapest, and unabridged. Its seems I should have looked at the expensive ones then I would have seen that they are described as abridged, perhaps this would have given me an incling that this couldn't possibly be unabridged. This incorrect description is really awful when I have bought this for my degree. I have heard the unabridged version is about 35 hours and mine is only 7. Not only should it obviously have the correct description, when selling audio books the playing length should be listed as well. This would provide damage control when words such as 'unabridged' are incorrectly used. And then if i decided I couldn't afford an unabridged version I could have bought the longest abridged version. This must be amazon's fault because they sell it and it is their top listing of bleak house audio book products. I am extremely disappointed at them.
on 28 January 2010
I ONLY ever buy unabridged audio books. I really don't see the point in abridged versions, especially of the classics. It's particularly annoying when these are clearly labelled as Unabridged on here when they are in fact abridged and labelled as such on the back of the CD case. I haven't opended mine and will be returning it immediately.
on 22 March 2012
This was bought as a Christmas present for my sister. I was a bit concerned that, as it was an abridged rather than a full text edition, she might find it disappointing. I couldn't have been more wrong! She tells me that she listens to it while cooking and that her cuisine has apparently improved immensely!
on 17 December 2012
the audio version containing reader's notes helps understanding of the novel. Itis easy to work back words and forwards through the novel to find the important points.
on 25 October 2015
I think I have sent a review already I think the audio book was great . realy good quality I will luse provider again
on 11 May 2015
One of Dicken's more difficult books but very well read, although 1 character is very annoying & I use audio books for relaxation, so to have 12 piercing, screeching character can ruin an audio for me.