on 12 February 2008
Plot: In the muddiest river in Africa, lives an Enormous crocodile and a NotSoBig one as well. The Enormous Crocodile is the greediest creature in the whole jungle and he loves to eat children. He is a terrible boaster and the other animals decide to give him a lesson he won't forget...

Fact: Roald Dahl visited Africa, in the year of 1938, as a part of his job (working for the Shell Oil Company) before he fought as a RAF pilot in the WWII, and that's probably where he got the inspiration from.

Rating and recommendation: I would rate it 7/ 10; I would recommend it to all Roald Dahl fans, especially 5 - 8 year olds.
on 10 February 2013
This story is hilarious. I bought it for my 4 year old daughter because I had it read to me when I was young. I loved it then and I love it now. It's absurd enough to appeal to every child's sense of the ridiculous. If you're good at doing voices then so much the better!
on 25 April 2014
I bought this copy for my grandchildren, my kids always loved Roald Dahl books, they have that naughty and slightly shocking edge and I always found them a pleasure to read.
The enormous crocodile has the right amount of suspense and danger to keep children interested, and the characters are so vivid (I always do the voices), and the end is violent but just.
on 2 July 2008
This story is about sneaky crocodile that wants to eat some lovely juicy children. The enormous crocodile has secret plans and clever tricks. He tells the aminals that he is going to eat some lovely children. The animals try to ruin his wicked schemes and teach him a lesson that he will never forget!
This book was amazing.
Hasnain 3J
on 7 February 2013
The was my 3yr old sons first introduction to Roald Dahl. It is a great tale and he really enjoys it and the pictures by Quentin Blake. Can't fault it and nice to revist a favourite of mine when I was a child.
on 29 October 2014
The story is about a crocodile who is horrid, sly, mean, cunning, wicked and brute. He wants to eat children in the town. He has secret plans and clever tricks to disguise himself in different ways in places where the children go to, like the playground, picnic spot, and the fair, but every time he doesn't succeed because the jungle animals have some clever tricks as well and want to teach him a lesson that he will never forget.

I liked the ending of the story the most, when Trunky the elephant swung the enormous crocodile round and round into space. I liked it because it was sudden and funny, My favourite character in the book was the enormous crocodile because he was so funny. I also liked the illustration of the enormous crocodile, it was amazing.

I think if this book was a little bit longer and had more exciting tricks, it would be better.

I think this story would be good for ages 6-10 years to read.

I think this book is exciting and amazing, I would give it 5 stars.
on 24 April 2015
This hard back book was smaller than I had expected it to be and I was a little disappointed. I remember the story from my child hood and I loved the bright colours in the book which is one of the reasons I bought the story for my son but unfortunately the pictures are not in colour in this book. It's still a great story though.
on 5 October 2015
Love the story, but was disappointed to see book on small side with black & white illustrations. I think i'm going to have to buy another one more suitable for reading to a 3 year old. I have bought the enormous crocodile puppet too, which should really make the story come alive.
`The Enormous Crocodile' is one of Roald Dahl's big format books and has large colour illustrations throughout. Following an enormous crocodile as he forms various plans to eat local children and how these are foiled at every turn, you will delight in the imagery and turn of phrase used to describe this tale. This is a book that is perfect to read out loud and to share the pictures with little ones. It is also a great book for your first forays into reading alone. Dahl does it again and shows how he was truly the master of his art. Exceptional Enormous Crocodile adventure.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.
on 1 July 2008
The story is about a crocodile who is hungry and likes to eat children. The Enormous Crocodile is the greediest crocodile in the entire jungle! My favourite character is the nasty crocodile "SNAP, SNAP!" This book is unmissable!

I think the Enormous Crocodile is the most exciting book in the world, I loved it! When I picked the book up, I couldn't put it down until I had finished it. It was superb, outstanding, stupendous, terrifc, marvellous and exciting! YOU HAVE GOT TO READ IT! It's got lovely illustrations by Quentin Blake.

I give this book 10/10!