Format: Paperback|Change

on 15 July 2016
I was bought this at a book fair during my childhood some 20 years ago. I now read the stories with my own children who love the rhymes and the pictures. Especially crocky wock the crocodile who likes to crunch 6 juicy children for his lunch, the boys smeared in mustard and girls in butterscotch and caramel & stingaling the scorpion who likes to sting you upon your rump. It has them giggling every time we read this book alongside revolting rhymes.
on 24 November 2006
read this when i was younger. brought it recently for my daughter and she loves it. got the full box set of books and recommend any of his books as an exciting way to get your kids into reading.
on 21 April 2015
This is one of the most HILARIOUS poetry books we have ever read! This was our breakfast reading for a few mornings & although the younger kids did not get all the humor, the older ones did. We originally borrowed it from the library but had to order a copy of our own. FANTASTIC!

Who needs coffee to start your day when you can read this & gain a BIG smile!
on 4 April 2014
Growing up in North London meant nothing without Roald Dahl, including rushing home for the revolting rhymes shown on TV after school! His revolting rhymes and dirty beasts collections are an absolute pleasure to read - have to be read out loud though for more enjoyment! And Quentin Blake's amazing illustrations just bring this piece to life. An absolute must for old and new readers alike!
on 12 February 2010
This is a brilliant book for childen. To be read aloud - or for them to read. Worth every penny.

I knew of the book and bought this for a present. It was received with delight by the nine year old recipient.
on 26 September 2013
Bought this for my 4 year old & 2 year old after reading a copy at their grandma's & they absolutely love it! They both find it hilarious, & we really enjoy reading the stories. Would definitely recommend.
on 12 January 2010
Excellent, we bought the book and the CD.
Usual Roald Dahl writing, my son (9) loves his books and loves teh CD's even more!
on 7 November 2011
A series of fairly short poems about animals and beasts, each of which are just so entertaining from start to finish. My 8 year old son and I are giggling and gasping every bedtime at the beastly tales and naughty little phrases dotted here and there. We just love it. My son always cries out for 'one more!', and it is always very easy to oblige.
on 25 October 2011
I bought this book for my niece, her mum had tried everywhere for this book, but of course, good old Amazon had it!
She absolutely loved the story & could not read it quick enough!
Another sure winner!!
on 11 May 2014
Condition stated as very good, but cover very worn and discoloured. I feel you need to review how you rate the condition of your books. Knew this would be a used book but " very good" doesn't match the condition of this book.