on 8 August 2013
This book looked good with easy to understand lay out. I didn't end up using it tho due to course changes.
on 13 April 2014
Its all been said. I find it a bit depressing. but it is a good read. You have jto go there but its good when you stop.
on 9 December 2013
I love this old classic love story, I enjoyed reading the book and have also purchased the film as well.
on 24 April 2016
very very good book! I bought the paperback version and it is perfect for what i wanted ; not to big,not to small exactly what i want![partly cause i take ages to read any book].I am 11yrs old and am curios to read Wuthering heights i have already made a faster than usual and that is probably because i love it so much! It is lovely and sort of confusing at times but i can make it out a i guess if i could finger out how to i could use the little numbers but if i just think about it i don't need to!
As 4 the story OMG it is soooooo gr8 i havent got overly far but it is so spooky and intriguing i cant say enough about it! :D I am always trying to imagon the characters and have sort of decided that Heathclif looks like romeo in taylor swifts love story vid cathy linton loockes like kate bush in her wuthering heights vid the girl telling the story [i havent quite found out her name yet] loocks like duffy or anne hatherway and eshor lookes like daniel crage 20 yrs ago [i couldnt find any one more fitting it was quite hard!]
on 9 January 2017
I chose to read Wuthering Heights on a whim. I couldn't get enough. It's very readable, you are dropped into the story at the deep end but it isn't long before you get a feeling for and an attachment to the characters. The language, although 19th century, is still very easy to familiarise with. It's a classic romance but it also deals with some philosophical themes such a moral philosophy and religion. First Brontë sisters novel I've read but will definitely be reading more. I would recommend this book to absolutely everyone. Everyone must read this book.
on 30 August 2009
as bought this to help my daughter with her English examination and study. Helped hugely.
on 6 March 2015
excellent product
on 9 January 2015
Its ok, i bought this along with a few other classics that ive always wanted to read, probably wouldnt read again
on 24 August 2016
This is a long overdue review but I have found it is nearly impossible to find the right words to describe Wuthering Heights and at the same time not to offend anyone. Controversial for a reason this book has taken a twisted brooding stand in the literature shelves for over a hundred years and continues to morbidly fascinate and ensnare certain types of readers. I among those who from my first encounter years ago with this mesmerizing novel can’t stop recommending it to those who are willing to listen but it can be somewhat difficult to describe this brilliant drama without frightening potential readers away. I want to first say, “It’s the darkest warped romance you will probably ever come across with the greatest abstract symbolism laying in the pages” but that only seems to interest a few. My next is “It’s the perfect Gothic ghost story filled with malice, revenge and madness” but that again gets polite although uncomfortable looks and then a quick turn of topic. I recently came to the realization that no matter how I try to describe Wuthering Heights it only seems to appeal to certain readers, hit or miss like a powerful wild lightning storm there are just so many who delight in waiting to see the flashes of untold destruction and violence that can ensue or continue to stay for more intense rumbles. So I think that is how I will continue to go about introducing Wuthering Heights from now on, with a cryptic question of: “Do you like watching violent storms?” “Yes?” “Then I have the perfect book for you.”
on 14 December 2013
I bought this book for a Christmas present for a friend. I was impressed by the postal speed, well done. Jan