on 28 December 2010
The literary reviewers say it all. It's beautifully produced, but heavy! I'm ordering copies for my siblings as I know they and their offspring will dip into it for years to come.
on 4 January 2014
This is the perfect poetry book for all levels of readers, I have personally found some very touching, meaningful and funny poems in here. Many have forced me to do some research on the poems background, which is surely a good thing. Would make an excellent gift for the serious poet.
on 4 March 2016
Fabulous book bought for a family member as a christmas present - it went over very well. A big book that one would expect to pay twice as much for. Excellent.
on 16 January 2014
Brilliant value for money for a hardback book; an excellent collection of poems beautifully presented. Would definitely recommend to all poetry lovers.
on 22 June 2012
Gill & MacMillan's Soundings is a better buy if you struggle to climax at every turn of page. While I enjoy poetry, I enjoy it all the better with a bit of narration, notes, direction and provocation. Over the last year, I've picked this book up twice compared to Soundings which I open several times a month.

But that's just one opinion. No doubt my ancestors would disown me reading this.