Customer reviews

1,041
Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 24 June 2017
Loved this book. Not a lot of reading in it but very very interesting. I don't want to say too much for people who haven't read it yet, but it's fascinating how it STILL remains current and true today. Loved it. If you haven't read it yet, then do, I think you'll be surprised at who the animals remind you of....past and present.
on 25 July 2017
This book was recommended to me by my English teacher. I read it and loved animal farm. I would definitely recommend this book. It is not really for younger ages. But I loved. There was a few changes in the book that I didn't quite understand for example four legs good, two legs bad. Then later on, four legs good two legs better . But overall, amazing!!
on 11 August 2017
Great read. Managed it in one day. That included the intro and unpublished prefaces.

More importantly, this 'fairy tale' is a great way of explaining the Russian Revolution. And many others for that matter - the same there's have been seen throughout many parts of the world since it's publication.
on 29 March 2017
A cheap reproduction of the novel. There are a fair few typographical errors in the text, e.g. random capitalisation Of words mid way through a sentence and misspelling of in as ih. Just about gets away with a 1 star rating given the price but it is rather irritating as they occur once every dozen or so pages.
on 4 July 2017
A surprisingly easy read on a tricky subject. The issue of communism told through a group of animals on a farm. A classic novel and an essential read if you weren't forced to read it for GCSE. If you were, try it again with fresh eyes. Loved t
on 10 January 2017
Wanted to read Animal Farm for years and finally got around to it. I really enjoyed this short story though must say, not as well-written as I thought it would be. The message conveyed however was priceless. Well worth a read.
on 18 July 2017
This book is okay but it is printed without the song. "Breast of England" I read this book about 30 years ago when I was in Secondary School
on 17 July 2017
very smart book rich of allegories. I would reccomend it to people that have knowledge of the transition of the russian Communist Party
on 19 June 2017
In this novel Orwell provides a treasure trove of analogy and quotes to describe how power corrupts. Easily as powerful as 1984.
on 21 June 2017
Fantastic book. Brilliant cover. I already owned a copy of this book but I simply had to buy this one as well!