Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now

Customer reviews

1,041
Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 1 June 2016
This is a book I have always known about but never read, now I have experienced it's simple literature, the story is so reflective of those real life revolutionary changes that it is both amusing and saddening. It is a must read, animal farm is up there with Orwell's best.
on 21 November 2012
George Orwell never fails to dissappoint me. I read this book about 15 years ago at school, and have just finished reading it again. The social commentary is just spot on, as with all his books, and you can enjoy this no matter what age you are. A true work of art.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 January 2014
This book is a great read. A book that has you wondering what big decision will be made next. It truly captivates what a human economy would be like run by animals. While the ending isn't stellar the most of the book is, with fun characters and a resounding moral.
on 4 February 2013
Orellsclassic satire on the communist revolution in soviet russia. This is still an important book to read as it has many parallels to today. Its badic message of absolute power corrupts absolutely is as relevant today as it was in 1943 when this story was written
on 3 December 2008
This book by Eric Blair (AKA George Orwell) is probally the best book i have ever read! George Orwell is such a brilliant & Detailed writter, not only that but Animal farm is good for all ages, My 78 Mum loves it, I love it and my two children love it. A****
on 12 March 2014
Read this book in the 60's and again this year. Still has important messages for us - Napoleon may no longer represent Stalin but a number of current leaders might substitute. A quick read which has lots of layers and plenty to discuss at book club meetings.
on 30 January 2014
I wish I read this long ago but still not too late. It is very funny story even stand for the day. Though it was well presented in a funny way there is a serious story behind it not only about communism but about administrators on every corner of our planet.
on 21 October 2014
I need d this book for my GCSE and its every bit as good as schools version. It has notes and an introduction at the front and the book is laid out in an effective way. It's good value for money as I will need to make notes in it to revise from. A good buy
on 19 July 2016
Great book! Read it years ago and have re-bought and re-read it as I don't know where my original copy is. The overall dynamics of this book will be relevant forever as it describes human nature albeit with humans and animals. The cartoon is good as well!
on 7 March 2016
Great political satire from a very learned man; everybody would benefit from reading this piece at some point in their lives. Orwell's message will resonate through the ages and always be relevant to mankind. I look forward to enjoying more of his works.