on 2 April 2008
in this delightful lift-the-flap book, from Eric Hill.

This review is for the PUFFIN paperback, lift-the-flap version/2004.

From the back cover:-

'SPOT is one of the essential experiences of childhood' - Parents Magazine.

What has a face and two hands? A clock!
Join in this fun game with Spot and his friends, as they solve the clues to hunt for hidden treasure.
Lift the flaps to reveal a surprise on every page!'

22 thick, shiny pages in the popular 2-page spread format.
Sturdy flaps ensure successful lifting/replacing, time and time again.
Colourfully illustrated throughout in vibrant colour and further enhanced, as always, with meaningful facial expressions.
Moderate-sized, easy-to-follow text, and the odd speech bubble, to join in with!

Example of text:-

'Spot was playing in the garden with his friends, Tom, Helen and Steve.
"My dad has a new game for us to play," said Spot.
Just then, Spot's dad came into the garden.
"Are you ready to play my new game?"
Everyone shouted, "Yes, we're ready!"......'

and off everyone went to take part in the treasure hunt, to find six hidden things from six clues....with an extra special treat at the end for Spot and his chums!

One of the best series of books for early readers!
on 7 December 2012
Love the Spot books-and so does my almost two year old. This one is slightly more complex than the likes of 'Where's Spot' and my daughter won't understand the concept of a treasure hunt etc,but I kno she'll enjoy lifting the flaps,and it's one she'll be able to 'grow into' in the next year-therefore,a good Christmas present.
on 20 January 2013
A little bit disappointed with this book. All the other Spot books we have have simple sentences and this is a full length story. My daughter still enjoys lifting the flaps though.
on 27 December 2012
Very good. Would recommend this to all 'Spot' lovers.
Good value for money.
Will look for more of these books in the future.
on 17 April 2013
I like the book and the idea of the flaps, it goes keep our one year old interested but as soon as we are not looking he starts pulling on the flaps and because of the thickness of the paper it only took a few months for most of them to come off...
on 14 October 2013
My friend's little grandson loves Spot.This lived up to expectations.
Bright colours,fun flaps and good story all kept him interested.
on 14 March 2013
Got this for my granddaughter when she was unwell and needed something to cheer her up. She loved this book
on 19 March 2015
fast delivery, item as described