on 30 May 2015
A delight. Bought for my year 1 son who needs more challenging reading material, but I don't want to put him of with endless pages of text. The slightly larger format, and colourful illustrations keep him engaged, quality white paper means that the book looks and feels wonderful. I have gone on to buy esio trot, George's marvellous medicine and giraffe, pally and me, all of which have impressed me and my son. Fantastic Mr fox is on my wish list
3 people found this helpful
on 22 February 2015
Lovely book. Even I enjoyed reading this to my daughter. J was also pleasantly surprised the Roly-Poly Bird and Muggle-Wump the Monkey appear in this as they also appear in his book 'the Twits'. The various disguises the crocodile adopts to hide and capture children is quite ingenious and I think this is what I liked the most.
4 people found this helpful
on 20 June 2015
I read this to my own children who are now 30+ this one was bough for a little man's fifth birthday I sat and read it to him and he loved it.
I told my boys and they remembered the book what more can I say Mr Dahl is one of the best children's writers of all time, I must have book.
on 22 May 2016
This is the edition that I should not have bought! Printed on somewhat second-hand paper, and black-and-white Quentin Blake drawings, not colour. I thought it was a bit too cheap!!
on 14 December 2015
Lovely large format book, great story - kids love it!
Brought the enormous crocodile puppet to use along with the story which produced lots of giggles!!
on 28 March 2016
Beautifully written and illustrated, my daughter, age 4, loves this story. I imagine she will enjoy it for years to come.
on 26 July 2015
These Roald Dahl books are being enjoyed in another generation of my family, my Great-Grandson
on 20 May 2015
perfect price and perfect book. My 5 year old daughter raced through it and really enjoyed it.
on 27 September 2016
love this book - great for 7 and 5 year olds
on 2 April 2016
Read this to my 3 yr old in one sitting, he loved it, I kept asking him if I should stop and read more later and he just kept saying no, read it all now! To be honest I think I liked it as much as he did!