on 1 August 2017
Warning - this is not appropriate for children!

Like everyone else in the world, we love Dahl at our house. I used to read his books as a child, then as a teen and young adult, into the more sinister and more adult content. I bought this as a poetry book for my young son, but thankfully flicked through it before gifting it to him, and realised that the content is quite raunchy and inappropriate for kids (not to mention sexist - probably a sign of its time). I am not sure who its target audience is because as an adult reader I have no interest in reading humourous poetry with sex jokes in, perhaps the reason it's one of his lesser known publications.
on 17 October 2017
Brought for my 9 year old , she is ahead in her reading so as it said 12 yrs + and not for young children I thought it would be fine .......the content is not suitable for her age group ..... delivery was fast just a shame it's not what I hoped for and won't be giving it to her
on 6 May 2017
I read before my daughter even got home from school. Her topic is the rhymes of Roald Dahl esp the Revolting Rhymes. She is 8 and a year ahead in English but I still love them with a degree in English.
on 27 July 2017
Roald Dahl, excellent as expected, definitely recommended for kids of all ages!
on 29 July 2017
Great book bought for granddaughter - great to read aloud.
on 31 July 2017
A classic by the master for older readers
on 11 September 2017
You should read this because it has brilliant rhymes and is very very funny
on 23 March 2017
My Granddaughter loves Roald Dahl books
on 12 January 2017
Bought as a present.
on 11 February 2017
This new red cover 2017 reissue of Rhyme Stew has had six poems removed and the writing spaced out more, so it looks the same size.
All but one of the missing poems are the more unusually sexual ones, so maybe what passed as innocent enough in 1989 (promiscuous gym teachers, bigamy, goats in bed and randy vicars) has been deemed inappropriate these days.
Roald Dahl always wrote these poems from a child's perspective, so these events were not explicitly dwelt on but seen as the bizarre world of grown ups.
However, the nine remaining poems are fantastic.