Customer reviews

7,804
The Fault in Our Stars
Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 October 2017
Great book. I must admit that I nearly gave up at the beginning because I despise love at first sight and it was exactly that but I gave the story a chance and it grew on me. The characters are well developed and interesting. I really enjoyed it. It was worth the read.
on 28 October 2014
I think I felt pressurised to enjoy this book because of how much it has blown up and has been loved by almost everyone I know. Don't get me wrong I did enjoy it and I did want to carry on reading but I wasn't totally convinced or gripped by the love story and I think more detail could of gone into their illnesses to completely grip the reader, it almost felt as though ending was rushed, it sort of came out of no where.

I'm yet to see the film but it might be one of those films where the film is better than the book?
I really enjoyed this read, and fell in love with Green's writing style. It was emotional and at times heart-breaking, but I will say for me, it wasn't without its faults. It has been massively over-hyped and I think I would have enjoyed it even more if it hadn't taken over the world! Worthwhile read though.

Check out my full review here:
[...]
on 2 October 2017
I loved this book, I watched the film a while back, the book gives so much detail. Such clever writing brings Hazel Grace and Augustus’s fight with the inevitable to life (or death).
on 15 July 2017
Was worried this book would make me tear up on public transport - it did not. Mostly amusing and light hearted. Slick characters and dialogue.
on 13 April 2017
Quick delivery great quality highly recommend book is amazing five stars. 😀 😀 Definitely buy again from seller 😀 😀
on 2 June 2015
This book is simply astounding. It made me laugh it made me cry and sometimes it made me do both together. This fantastically brilliant story takes you on a rollercoaster of emotions following the life and struggles of one young girl who has cancer.
on 29 June 2017
I was recommended to read this book by my daughter so last night I started to read it and couldn't stop reading until my eyes kept shutting and had to reluctantly put it down at 2.30am and couldn't wait to read the last few pages as soon as I woke up, that to me says it all. It's a beautiful funny and sad book.
on 2 June 2017
I brought this book for my grandaughter and she loved it I even read it myself arrived on time well packaged so real value for money
on 3 September 2017
The fault in our stars has shown me perspective in life that I have never really thought about before. The book was touching and made me feel as if I was in Hazels shoes, dealing with pain and loss. It also showed me the pain and struggle that cancer kids go through. TFIOS has made me want to help even more with the hard times children are going through.