on 8 August 2017

Publisher: Puffin
Pages: 256
Price on Amazon: Paperback £3.85 Kindle: £4.99
ISBN: 0141365463

Matilda is no ordinary young girl, aside from her extreme intelligence at such a young age she also has a magical mind. Having been told all her young life she is a scab by her father and ignored by her mother, bullied by her terrible head mistress Miss Trunchbull. Matilda is now out to teach the adults in her life a lesson they will never forget.

Everyone knows the famous story of Matilda by Roald Dahl, it is a children's favourite all over the world with people such as David Walliams saying Dahl is his hero, who doesn't love a Roald Dahl story. Even now at the age of 26 I still read his book. Matilda is one of my favourite books by Dahl and got me into a lot of trouble as a child, like Matilda I was very smart for my age and this didn't go down well with the adults around me. I always related to Matilda as a child and to this day I still love to read it. The book is funny and well written and shows how children can outsmart the adults in their lives. It shows what perseverance and hard work can achieve. It is a lighthearted read and a book I shall reread over and over again. Five stars for this book.

Reviews for this book can be found on:
Amazon,
Goodreads,
Net Galley,
My Blog

Links to this review can be found on:
Twitter: @lusreviews
Facebook: @lusreviews
Instagram: lusreviews
Tumblr: lusreviewsblog
Flikr: Lu's Reviews
on 20 April 2017
I love this book. Having read it as a child, I bought it for my little sister and she loves it too. The illustrations are beautiful and the story is great - it is a little different from the film! Well worth a read, a great gift for young book-lovers.
on 20 March 2016
This was quick and instant purchase for a niece that had an unexpected day off school. Rather than sit her in front of the TV I thought it better to give her a book to read and enjoy.

Ronald Dahl is an author you can trust. I read and enjoyed his books as a kid and my niece has read several stories but not Matilda. Brought it and not a peep from her all afternoon as she spent all that times reading through the book. She's enjoyed it so much i've brought her tickets to the musical as a surprise!
One person found this helpful
on 31 March 2017
Wow! Super happy with my order I'm going to have one very happy little girl on her Birthday! I ordered the Matilda soft toy, Matilda dress up & the Matilda book! Very quick delivery. Will definitely recommend!
on 2 September 2017
One of the first chapter books I bought for my 6 year old son. It is a fun entertaining book and my son enjoyed it very much.
One person found this helpful
on 2 October 2017
Young daughter loving the book can't get enough of it .
The book came very quickly and a lovely little card with book with a personal touch would use seller again top notch service
on 19 January 2018
My grabd daughter really enjoys thus Nd had watched the film on numerpus occasions.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 9 February 2018
Quick and easy sale, with a fantastic product. Highly recommended!
on 8 December 2016
What a loveable character Matilda is.

*** Spoiler Alert if you continue reading. ***

And I like the way Roald snuffed out her psycho-kinetic powers before the end of the book.
on 19 January 2018
This is Roald Dahl at his best. My 7 and 10 years old boys loved it! Highly recommended