Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 February 2014
Cress is a fantastic read, which doesn’t take long to devour at all. It’s action packed! It’s not often that a series gets better and better with every book, but (so far) I can safely say that this is the case with the Lunar Chronicles.

I thought the introduction of Cress was brilliant. She’s an innocent character, but she’s also quite feisty. She fits in nicely with Cinder and Scarlet despite being quite different to them. Thorne and Wolf are still brilliant characters. I didn’t see nearly enough of Scarlet (who I think is a fabulous character) but I definitely liked Cinder more then I have done in the previous two books. Cinder is determined and strong. A real leader of the rest. I loved Kai as well, he’s developing wonderfully as a character. I can’t wait to see what happens to them all in Winter.

Marissa Meyer is a wonderful writer. I don’t always like a book that tells the story from many different points of view, but Marissa really makes it work. She is so creative. I don’t know how she thinks of such a wonderful, complex story that fits together so seamlessly, but I’m really glad that she has does. This series really is a pleasure to read. I can’t wait to read Winter.
on 15 July 2017
Cress of the Lunar Chronicles series builds on its predecessors with better narrative and an introduction to memorable and unique characters, but stumbles with contrived plot points, deus ex machina, and an antagonist who fails to antagonise the heroes when it is needed most. Cress was probably my least favourite of the series, but still a great read!
on 4 August 2017
The word 'gulping' or 'gulp' is used 47 times. Ugh. this book, the quality of writing just isn't good and I found myself groaning and rolling my eyes a lot. Did not enjoy and will not be continuing on with the series (I gave it a good shot, getting up the third, but seeing as the same repetitive word was used in Scarlet 35 times too, I'm not not feeling like it'll be improved by Winter).
on 18 September 2017
excellent series, loved all four books
on 26 April 2016
the third book in the series that my daughter is reading so getting it was a no brainer
on 4 September 2017
Possible 5 star but not quite as good as Scarlet
on 23 July 2017
👌🏻
on 18 August 2017
very satisfied!
on 26 April 2017
Read the whole series and I loved it
on 11 March 2016
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!!
***I borrowed this book from my high school library, but I will add it to my own library

The cover is very Rapunzel with that long braided hair.

This is the 3rd book in the series. I recommend reading them in order because you will not know character histories and previous events. Everything together is definitely worth more than just the sum of the parts. This is a YA series.

Thorne has definitely grown on me, and I really love Cress. She is amazing especially with everything she has been through. I love that all the characters are part of each book as you learn about them. Cinder is amazing as always and learning more each day. I can’t wait to see what happens next.

My students highly recommended this series to me, and I confirm this recommendation for any YA book lovers who love a cyborg Cinderella, Scarlet (Little Red Riding Hood) and Wolf, and the newest addition of Rapunzel trapped in the satellite. I love fairy tales that are remade into something new and unique.