Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 28 April 2014
The second book of this series sees Artemis a year older. So now he is a 13 year old criminal mastermind, seeking his missing father, who has been kidnapped by the Russian Mafiya, when he himself is taken by the Fairies to help them defeat a power struggle in the underworld. No, it doesn't sound at all promising but nevertheless it develops into a totally gripping novel which is difficult to put down. One of those which you could happily keep on reading through the night.

When I had finished it, I immediately clicked the link and bought book 3.
on 19 August 2013
I am a big fan of this series now and the third installment keeps up the excellent standard of the others. While I would say that the first book is truly outstanding on its own and neither this nor the second installment are absolutly as good at jumping off the page and grabbing your interest it is still an excellent book. I think eternity code is a turning point in the character development for the series and I must say it has left me excited to read the next book.
on 4 August 2013
I read this shortly after the first Artemus Fowl book and although it isn't as instantly grabbing as the first one, Which I felt grabbed you and sucked you into the story right away, it is excellent. This book is a little slower paced than the first one but it gets going and when it does its just as good! I really enjoyed this finished it in two days because I just couldn't put it down.

Excellent read!
on 28 September 2014
Not as good as the first three books (I wonder if there was intent to end as a trilogy). It was still enjoyable, and sets up the series to move in a new direction. This book brings in a lot of change and that is bound to be a little awkward. I am looking forward to reading the rest of the series to see where it goes next.
on 9 August 2016
Will Artemis ever return to his life of crime with the People?
Is Butler bullet proff? Is Holly the cutest elf? Read on to find out
on 20 January 2017
Not much to review. It is a good quality product and the content is up to everyone to judge.
on 7 August 2016
The gang's all back, time to Wight each other's wrongs and work together. LEP to get their world and Artemis to get his Father
on 3 September 2017
All of the Artemis Fowl stories are wonderful
on 1 October 2013
Loved the first novel in the series, but am rather disappointed by the second. Wading through the dense descriptions of fairy warfare (machinery/weapons/tactical manoeuvres) became a tad tedious for me - I wanted more of the plot to be driven by the brilliant character of Artemis. Readable, but won't buy the next in the series now.
on 24 May 2017
One of my favourite books as a child. Loses nothing re-reading it as an adult. Incredibly entertaining cover to cover. Classic.