Format: Paperback|Change

on 10 August 2001
We have very few books which all my 3 boys, aged 10, 7 & 3, enjoy listening to and this has to be their favourite.
Even though they have heard or read this story so many times, the fact that they can recite the story backwards holds testament to that, the ancicpation of what is going to come out of the eggs still can be seen on their faces.
With the bright illustrations and the short sentences it holds the attention of the most distracted of kids, i.e. Mine!!
on 5 April 2016
A favourite for four generations. Great-grandmother was a mother when she first read it to her children, now they have read the adventures of Meg. Mog and owl to their children, and one is recently reading the to his daughter who shows every sign of enjoyment even though she is under a year old!
on 15 June 2013
i agree with a previous reviewer that the inconsistency of having no eggs at the start and then a spell adding eggs at the end is annoying. i wish it wasnt as i (and my little boy) love meg and mog but it is a bit...im sure it will be a while before it bothers my little boy though and he is enjoying reading it.
on 24 November 2007
Our little man has loved this book since he was three months old. I think it's down to the bold, bright, colourful pictures which grab his attention far more than the illustrations in his other books.

It won't be long before he is able to recite the story from memory as I can myself!

One thing that bugs me about this book is the continuity error! I know this is very sad as it is after all only a children's book, but at the beginning Meg casts her spell because there are no eggs to eat for dinner. The eggs that appear subsequently hatch into dinosaurs, but then when she casts her spell at the end of the book she throws some eggs into the cauldron. Where did they come from all of a sudden?? I will be so proud when my little one spots this glaring rick!!!
on 2 March 2011
Does exactly what it says on the tin! Very easy to read, great animation, great story and loved by my 4 year old. Reads it over and over and doesn't get bored with it. Well worth buying
on 5 June 2013
Read the Meg and Mog stories to our children, now have a new grandchild (multi-lingual) in Brussels and she was delighted with the first book I bought her, so ordered this - she loves it!
on 9 August 2011
My 2yr old son and I love it, but I have knocked a star off as my husband says it's hard to read as the text is all over the page and a bit disjointed.
on 17 May 2015
A good simple story bought for a 3 yr old boy. He loved it.
on 2 August 2015
Fabulous classic but a bit expensive
on 1 August 2015
A lovely story for little ones!