Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 34 reviews(4 star). See all 426 reviews
on 25 June 2003
I wrote a review of this when my daughter was 9 months, which wasn't particularly favourable.
Now that my daughter is 2, I must admit that she loves it! Only recently did she become more interested in it, but now wants to read it a couple of times a day. The pictures and words are perfect for her age as she can now name and recognise things and says "Peepo" in all the right places.
Recommended from 2 years up, I would say.
on 15 December 2003
What a perfect book for babies! I must have read this board book hundreds of times to my toddler and it still fills me with warmth.
The family are so normal they make even the most disorganised mum feel valued. The house is messy, grandma chips in to help with the ironing and dad is telling the kids to shhh! as mum flakes out in the chair at the end of a busy day.
With bustling pictures and lyrical verse this is the perfect book for little babies and busy toddlers alike.
on 9 November 2010
Received this book (in paperback version) for my 1year old and he loved it so much I'm now buying for my friends' kids! The story is lovely, has lots of things for 1.5year olds and up to point at and practice saying. My son gets particularly excited each time you say 'PEEPO', and knows exactly when it's time to say it! Would recommend the paperback or hardback version (if available) rather than the board book as they're bigger and its much easier to see the pictures.
on 11 August 2011
When we were first given this I found it a little old fashioned and my daughter took no interest in the book but now she loves this book.

Due to the neutral colours of this book it is a bedtime read as it does not attract her attention in the day but she loves me rhyming here's a little baby 1,2,3 and giggles when she hears peepo.
on 19 February 2017
The more I read this book to my 18-month old the more I notice it's such a sad and humbling book. This is a family living during a war (WW2) and despite that their little boy is happy and oblivious to the horror around him. Gas masks, war-rationed food, the bombed building at the park, and his Daddy going back to fight in the war perhaps never to return. I think some of the vocab is a bit dated but the rhyme and repetition as well as the detailed pictures make this one of my daughter's favourite books and I'm asked to read this to her at least twice a day!! Highly recommend!
on 30 March 2012
A very classic book. My daughter is excited to see her own rountines are pictured in the books. Haven't figured out what does PEEPO mean but it sounds funny!
on 15 December 2014
Classic book, which I originally loaned in paperback from the library however was nervous of my toddler being too rough with it. The board book is much more sturdy however much smaller than the paperback so you have to weigh up what you want. The illustrations are so detailed and easier to explore in the larger paperback, however I'm delighted that I can let me little one enjoy this book on her own without worrying about page ripping!
on 28 April 2015
Just to clarify straight off - this is one of our very favourite children's books. If I could give six stars to the artistic creation I would. I am only giving four stars for this specific product since I wanted to alert fellow customers that this particular 'board book' doesn't feature the chunky pages that our kids know & love, but much thinner card pages that they would likely have made short work of at the target age group.
on 16 August 2016
My 18 month old daughter is nuts about this and is also asking for 'Peephoo'. It's really well written and rhymed, kids love the repetition, and the illustrations are great - as with 'Each Peach Pear Plum' there's so many things on the page to seek and discover - but the content is a little old fashioned and I find it a bit tiresome to read. Each Peach Pear Plum is better to my mind because the subject matter is timeless.
on 12 July 2007
I agree with reviewers who suggested this book is more appealing to adults than children - unfortunate but true. I first bought this book for my daughter when she was about 9 months old but she showed absolutely no interest in it. I then tried to re-introduce it a couple more times until it found its safe place on the shelf. Only just recently it's been brought back to my daughter's attention in light of the interest she developed for another "typical day in young child's life" book ("Baby Talk") and yet again, didn't entirely capture her attention. She is a bit more tolerant to it, however, now that she is 2 years 3 months, it is still not her favourite. In fact when I offer to read it to her she more often than not refuses. I reckon this is mostly due to the fact that quite a few activities described in the book are not relevant to a modern urban child (e.g. fishing in the pond, which surprisingly resembles the Serpantine Lake of Kensington Gardens; having a bath in the middle of the kitchen, etc). However, I must say I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS BOOK! It's brilliantly written and illustrated, there is a lot to look at and discuss. I still hope that my daughter will one day learn to appreciate this book a bit more and we'll share those magical moments together!