on 23 June 2017
My grandsons love the original Funny Bones book so introducing them to a whole new set of stories was great. There was however a small print issue with the book when it arrived - one of the pages had gone through the printer with a small crease in it - but it didn't spoil our enjoyment of the stories. The boys [age 3 + 5 ] love to re-enact the stories endlessly. The original is still their favourite though, the youngest loves the part where the dog falls apart and they have to try and put him back together.
2 people found this helpful
on 17 January 2018
Janet and Allan Ahlberg were to the 80s what Julia Donaldson is to this decade. When I was small my parents fed me a diet of them and I loved pretty much everything they did. Now I'm returning the favour to my one-year old. Funnybones (or "Dark Dark" as my daughter calls it) is often her first choice for a bedtime story. It's probably better for older kids if I'm honest, but friendly skeletons, dogs with horrific injuries (don't worry), ghosts, songs, parrots and an instantly compelling world add up to a great little story. As good now as it was for me 30 years ago.
One person found this helpful
on 23 January 2018
I loved this series as a child growing up, so when I heard my son repeating the words from the book he'd read at school, I knew I had to buy it! We've both loved reading them. I also bought a trilogy book in the series, which also went down well and plan to buy a couple more.
on 9 February 2018
What can I say? It's Funnybones. It's classic. The only problem is, one book just isn't enough :-)

Highly recommended for 4+, ours just can't get enough of the colourful, simple illustrations and wonderfully iterative story telling.
on 17 April 2017
Love love love this story, i say i bought it for my 3 year old but it was just as much for me as i loved this book as a child and was a firm hit with my 3 year old as well
One person found this helpful
on 7 November 2016
This is such a fun book and has really stood the test of time, I remember reading this when I was a child and now I am reading it to my son. He loves it, it is fun and gives children an insight in to their bodies whilst incorporating a children's story, which is a little creepy and full of giggles. A delight to read with my son.
on 29 March 2018
Such a classic. I originally purchased this for my son but I'm not sure he will be allowed it. I loved this TV series as a child. This brings back fond memories.
on 15 August 2017
This was a big hit for my four year old niece. I got it for her because I remember loving the series as a child. I'm so happy she loved them. It's fun for me to read to her too. Love acting it out with sound effects and voices too.
on 14 November 2017
I purchased this for my son as I had grown up with funny ones books and cartoons and my son loves it just as much as I do and it’s still exactly the same as I remember it. Would highly recommend.
on 17 December 2016
I loved this book when I was a child and have purchased this for my baby who isn't old enough to appreciate it yet but hopefully will enjoy it as much as I did. I also enjoyed burglar bill by the same authors when I was younger so will be buying that too.