Customer reviews

highly recommend!
on 11 September 2015
Super
on 7 January 2013
My seven year old daughter loves everything by Dick King-Smith and this book did not disappoint, she really enjoyed it, so well recommended. Thank you
on 10 April 2013
We bought this one as my son (7) had enjoyed The Pig Sheep (the book that inspired the film Babe, also by Dick King-Smith). We did one chapter each night - they are quite short so there is no loss of interest. The book is nicely illustrated and the story touches on some themes like considering what to do with your money. We were caught out by the ending as there were still a good number of pages to go - the remainder was a taster of another book: "can we get that one next, Dad?"...
on 5 July 2009
The story is about a girl called Janie who wants a dog but when she was little she had a dog a Great Dane puppy but it died when Janie was only 2. He died of kidney failure and his name was Rupert.

Janie finds Rupert's old collar and lead then pretends that she has a dog but it really is invisible.

I think it is a good story because it is really funny and the book tells you some one might be a witch in the story.

My favorite characters are Janie and Miss Garrow. I like Janie because she is funny and nosey too. Also she reminds me of me because I love dogs and so does Janie.

I recommend the book to people who like funny stories and dogs.
on 28 October 2015
Another sweet animal tale by Dick King Smith, we've enjoyed many of his books recently. Just misses out on 5 stars as I felt this one ended rather suddenly and confused my children a little but a sweet tale all the same about a little girl longing for a Great Dane of her own.
on 11 August 2015
Brilliant story, my 9 year old loves the Dick King-Smith books and they are in the school library too. I enjoy these 'dog' books as well and we read them together!
on 15 May 2013
Bought this for our 5 year old daughter as she loves dogs and in particular, because it features a Great Dane. I enjoyed reading it to her and it touched on the themes of losing a pet, wanting another etc, which we could identify with. It would suit an older child reading the book alone but equally worked well for an adult to read to a 5 year old.
on 24 May 2011
This book is about a invisible dog and only a little girl called Janie.

We enjoyed the ending, but we don't want tell you any more about it as it would spoil the story.

We think that someone aged between 7-10 would like to read it.

We would give it a score of 6-10 because there was no adventure.

by Samuel and Brady