Charlotte's Web (Colour Edn)
Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 September 2017
I read this book once when I was much younger. Even back then I loved the stories of Wilbur and Charlotte, the spider who could fool all and bring a friend a chance that never existed. However underneath that you need to always remember Fern, who becomes less of a character as she grows but is the person who allowed all of it to come about in the first place. A story of love, chances, fighting for what is right and friendship.

I love this book and love that Fern could hear and understand the animals, what we all need to learn that sometimes it is better to stop talking and listen. It is an underrated skill nowadays and lost by many. There are lessons that can still be learnt from books today if you are willing to hear them.
on 23 August 2017
Absolutely love this book. My 7 year old read it this summer and we talked a lot about friendship and loyalty. It's brilliant for that age group. It is a bit old fashioned but not too old fashioned as to lose a 7 year old's interest. I am now reading it at bedtime to my 6 year old and he quite likes it. I need to explain the themes a bit more but he is happy to chat about them. It still makes me cry decades later at the end! A real children's wonder of a book.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 26 June 2017
I'm a grumpy cynic, and was sure I'd find something negative to say about this book, which my children wanted me to read for their bedtime story. Sadly I can't, and I have to agree with the other five star reviews. This is a lovely story, beautifully written.
on 25 April 2017
Lovely classic enjoyed by both my children. I had forgotten that the story gets going straight away so there was no tedious introductory chapters which tend to drag on setting the scene.

Ferne, Wilbur and Charlotte are all lovely characters and the story itself is just the right length (for my children aged 5 & 7).

The illustrations are beautiful.

This is the first book I have read to my children off Kindle and they enjoyed it as you can enlarge the pictures.
on 19 August 2017
This is a top notch story, and it doesn't flinch even for a children's book. It deals with the gruesome way spiders feed in a tactful way, the loss and rememberence of a true friend.
on 23 February 2016
This book is a classic! I remember reading it as a child with tears in my eyes, and was thrilled when my daughter came home from school saying she was to read it. In a day and age of easily accessible films and online content I was pleased to see that when the book arrived with an attractive and appealing front cover my daughter was eager to read and we have enjoyed reading together. I would highly recommend this beautiful story to all families!
on 22 October 2013
I didn't read this until I was an adult and had had a tremendous fear of spiders my whole childhood and early adulthood. Then, through reading this endearing story of love and courage, I was never able to look at spiders in quite the same way again and have developed an admiration, a fondness even... So if you or your kids have the same fear, this book is a must. The story is great because it has so many learning points, so many morals to the story without being gushy in any way. A great read for ages 4 up, although my 3 year old loves it too...
on 11 March 2018
Just amazing! Read for the first time and bought as a classic to read to my baby daughter. Definitely valuable lessons to be taken away and will make an interesting bedtime read.
on 10 March 2014
Choose this book because I remember reading it as a child but couldn't remember the story. The book is of a large size paperback with quality pages and beautiful colour illustrations. This book is a timeless classic. x:O)
on 2 March 2018
I had never read this book as a child, but am glad I have now rectified that as an adult. Such a heart-touching story.