Format: Paperback|Change

on 9 February 2014
This is a favourite with the little boy I babysit (aged six) who thinks it is hilarious. It is easy to read due to the flowing rhymes.
on 2 April 2013
My daughter borrowed this book from the library. She giggled all the way through it, read it and re-read it. She renewed it so many times we just had to get a copy of our own.
on 8 March 2014
Little one, read at school and requested at home.
She was delighted.
Great book with little giggle bits.. Fantastic read
on 30 December 2013
Such a funny story, illustrations are brilliant too, would recommend to anyone with youngsters... I'm a children's librarian, I know my littlies will love this story, can't wait to share it with them!
on 28 February 2012
My boys and I are big Winnie the Witch fans, and this is a similar style so we loved this book. The books is aimed at boys I'd say from 3-6, however I am sure girls would love it to. It is perfect for my two who are 3 and 5. They laughed at the name and we all giggled away at this great story.

The book is about a king who has golden underpants which he sees as lucky. They are stolen by an evil giant, so he goes about wearing no pants. Now that's pretty funny in itself. The king get his bravest knight which is Sir Scallyway, who is only 6 years old to go and get the underpants back. The giant is wearing the golden underpants on his head, another eruption of laughter at someone wearing pants on their head. My boys thought it was great seeing this little knight defeating the giant, just like the David and Goliath story and getting the Kings underpants returned to him.

The illustrations occumpany the book perfectly. They have great detail, but are not over done.

This story is funny, light hearted, some great rhyming and some funny words used along the way. Not only that, but it teaches a great lesson in bullying, that they can be overcome by even the smallest of boys. An excellent lesson for young children.

I think this is a fantastic book, perfect for bedtime and one that will have everyone laughing aloud. I can guarntee you will read it again and again.
on 1 August 2014
This is a brilliant book that can be read over and over without ever getting boring. My son giggles away when we read it to him and he loves looking at the pictures and trying to turn the pages to help his daddy read it to him. This book is one that can be enjoyed by kids and grown ups alike and my husband often asks if he can put our son to bed so he has an excuse to read Sir Scallywag and the Golden underpants. We have recently purchased Giles' new book Sir Scallywag and the Deadly Dragon Poo and if that one is as good as this one then we will be incredibly happy.

A Highly recommended read!
on 13 June 2014
This book was bought for my Grandson who is eight. I chose this book, because I knew it would appeal to any child, (and adults too). It is a funny and colourful and it is a rhyming story too. It's all about a king who has lost his golden underpants. They send a knight to look for them. His name is Sir Scallywag. Sir Scallywag is only SIX! Is he brave? Is he bold? Does he find the kings Golden Underpants? Read this book and go on the adventure and see. A very enjoyable read. Lots of fun and laughter. A very well deserved five stars.
on 21 February 2012
I bought this book for my 7 year old son, he has all the winnie the witch books and Professor puffendorf, all illustrated by Korky Paul. this book is written in rhyme and is very funny. Both myself and my son loved the story as well as the wonderful pictures.....another corking Korky book!!!
on 6 March 2012
This is a lovely, funny story. The book is well illustrated too with lavish drawings on every page. My grandsons both aged 5 love it and get me to read it over and over for them. Will be looking out for more from the same writers.
on 7 February 2012
Read this book to my 4 year and 6 year old boys - they loved it - It talks of underpants, bottoms, and brave knights - they thought it was hysterical. The illustrations and text are really well done, and would highly recommend it