on 9 January 2013
This did not contain the story of the hungry caterpillar just the number of items he ate. So if u so not no the story u will need the book too.
on 8 August 2013
The product description states that this is "Eric Carle's classic, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, with a wriggly finger puppet" - whilst this is quite a nice little book, it isn't the complete story, and lacks the charm of the original. I thought I was buying the original story with a finger puppet.
on 29 May 2011
I bought this book for my 6 month son, when i opened the book i was very dissapointed that there was no words to the story just pictures. I find it quite pointless especially if you dont really no the story behind the book.
on 20 August 2013
I thought I was buying the original story with the addition of a finger puppet. That would have made this book worth 10 stars! Unfortunately, there is no story. This is all you get: "1 delicious apple, 2 crisp pears, 3 tart plums, 4 sweet strawberries, 5 juicy oranges, many colours a beautiful butterfly." So just 6 pages, counting up to 5. I wish I'd just bought the original book.
on 20 May 2016
Bought this as a gift for a new baby as a timeless classic, to go with a Hungry Caterpillar baby grow.
I loved the idea of the Classic story now with a finger puppet. The product description stated that this is "Eric Carle's classic, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, with a wriggly finger puppet" - this is a nice little book, The pages were quite chunky printed on thick card this added to the fun that you could have with the Caterpillar finger-puppet as you could make him wriggle through each page Unfortunately, there is no classic story. It's more of a counting book..... "1 delicious apple, 2 crisp pears, 3 tart plums, 4 sweet strawberries, 5 juicy oranges, many colours a beautiful butterfly." 6 pages.... counting up to 5.
A good way to help young readers learn to count ... This is a book that I have fond memories of from my childhood And One of my daughters' favourite stories when they were little (many moons ago)
on 4 January 2011
Our daughter and niece really enjoy this version of this story and the little puppet is easy to use. Delivery was on time and no hassle.
on 11 September 2016
Just brilliant for my little on, love it!
on 23 February 2016
I bought this book as a gift for my two year old nephew for his birthday,I liked that he could stroke the caterpillar and that I could move it around with my finger so made it feel real.It went on to become one of his favourite bedtime story books and was passed down to his little sister.Because it is a thick cardboard it lasts and lasts and little hands cannot tear the pages,and the story though quite simple leaves them coming back for more time and again.Great little book.
on 13 February 2013
The finger puppet idea seemed great but this is not the actual original story, just a counting the fruit kind of simply story. My daughter loves the finger puppet but doesnt really enjoy the book itself as she now finds it boring. I wish it had the original story inside! This is okay but not great longevity wise as after a few times there's no real interest to read it other then to play with the finger puppet!
on 18 November 2014
What a rip off! The description states 'Eric Carle's classic, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, with a wriggly finger puppet'. This is not the case at all as the story isn't in this book - just counting & some pictures of the fruit! It comes in a plastic wrapper, so you have to remove this to find this out and therefore cannot return it. Very disappointing.