Customer reviews

My Brother's Hot Cross Bottom (Laugh Your Socks Off)
Format: Paperback|Change

on 25 May 2017
Exactly as described if not better
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 3 February 2011
This is one of several stories by Jeremy Strong, and while it is aimed at children of primary school age who can benefit from it as learning material, I found it to be ideal as bedtime story fare. My daughters hung on to every word and there were laughs to be found on every page. They went to sleep happy after just a couple of chapters each night. A light-hearted story about a slightly eccentric family with various farm animals in their back garden, how the neighbours (old and young) react to all the fuss, and some touching family observations. Suitable for boys as much as girls, guaranteed to raise a giggle. If this is typical of the Strong series, I'd recommend all of them for the right reasons - children will like reading them, will learn from them, and will enjoy having the stories read out loud to them.

Update : Another Jeremy Strong children's book about Killer Tomatoes, unrelated to this one, is nowhere near as good and hardly raised a smile.
on 31 January 2011
This is a great book which my 7 year old son got for Christmas. He loves it and laughs out loud at the antics of Nicholas' eccentric family. A great book to get your child into reading. My 4 year old daughter also loves listening to it when I read it out loud.
on 4 June 2009
this is another hilarious adventure from jeremy strong! it is the fourth addition in the my brother's bottom collection and is as funny as all the other ones. my 7yr old daughter loves it as does her younger brother and even our 10yrs old neighbour. highly reccommended!
on 14 June 2011
I have bought a selection of Jeremy Strong books for various young relatives - all have been well received and enjoyed. I cannot recommend them too highly for getting children to read for sheer enjoyment. This one is no exception - there were a lot of giggles from start to finish.
on 15 December 2014
I really enjoyed this book. It is one of the best books I have ever read. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes bums. This is a must get book.
on 16 November 2016
It's a good book and I would definitely recommend it
because it's very funny and silly.It's a very good book for children age 4-8/9.
on 8 July 2013
It was very funny and humorous it headed more detail and thought put into the characters maybe cilla's history and add more pictures
on 24 June 2013
Have other books in the seies and this didn't disapoint. I enjoyed it as much as the children. A great book to encourage reading.
on 15 January 2014
My 6year old granddaughter loves this book and others in the series so top marks for getting kids to love reading!!