Format: Paperback|Change

on 26 June 2008
I bought this for my nephew after picking it up in a bookshop and really enjoying reading it myself, its a real page turner and a great book for boys obsessed with football (are there any who aren't?). Its a detective story in which the main character tries to unravel the mystery of why his favourite footballer is kidnapped. He has to tackle some very nasty characters along the way, as well as try and hide what he's up to from his parents and sister, and there's a growing interest in a very pretty girl in his class. Very well written and very pacy. Kept my nephew hooked right to the end.
on 27 November 2012
My son Thomas really enjoyed this book. Here's his review:
Foul play is a rip-roaring thriller of a book. It has so much action you just want to keep on reading. The people you would least expect to be criminals are criminals.
Danny a 12 year old boy is the main character along with his favourite footballer Sam Roberts who gets kidnapped. Foul play is the most exciting book I've ever read. Danny sure is a football detective!

Thomas
on 26 December 2012
I loved his book and would recommend it to any teen between the age of 11-16. I'm 11 and do not read a lot of fiction books but I have read the first book of this series and will defiantly carry on reading the rest! As I said before, I loved it and strongly recommend it to teens my age and older.
on 6 September 2008
This is a great football book for children, especially those who are reluctant readers. The book is fast paced and very exciting. The story has a likeable lead character and a great villian! You can tell the author knows his stuff about football, but more generally this is an excellent story.
on 3 June 2013
This book is an outstanding detective novel.I love football and detectives I thought there will never be a book about both but I was wrong! You can't put this book down.Great for kids like me! All the other books are GREAT also!A mini version of Sherlock homes.
on 31 July 2014
This book was very enjoyable, kept me on the edgy of my seat and I couldn't put the book down. I would highly recommend this book to people who like action and spy. This is one of many great books Tom had written; keep up the good work.
on 21 November 2014
I bought this on Kindle for my 9 year old grandson in Seattle. He's pretty bright and mad on soccer. He was desperate for stories about soccer and this series fitted the bill perfectly. He devoured the whole series in double-quick time.
on 4 August 2014
This book is a brilliant book and a very cool one to I love criminal books and football so these two combinations are brilliant I would recommend this to anyone of all ages
on 21 August 2015
It is an action packed book rdiodorxgiytcdgjgcuoihcgcyolclddlggycyxoffyxoxfoyykdffx cgujgcugclcguucgugc gyvhivhihvi gvhiihhigihvhgivhi ovhhgihgiighighghi Voinovich ihggjoojbogj vguoijhgijohihog iphcpvhipihvvhpvhivphihvi ogjvhivihvhiphipv uogvholhicpchpigufodyou kvjvhoivhhivphpccphipifhiphf pifhpifypfhipifhiphfpfhi lgjvpjkvhp
on 13 March 2013
A brilliant story.
My 11 year old son was gripped from the first page to the last. Now he wants the next book in the series!