on 19 May 2016
Obviously I love this book, there aren't any Roald Dahl books that aren't fantastic! The story itself is great, however I was a little disappointed with the actual quality of the book.
The issue I have with this book is it is a little disappointing size and quality wise. The book is very small and thin, and the paper quality just feels a bit cheap. I was expecting it to be larger with colour illustrations, but i hasn't. Maybe I should have opted for the hardback version, however I needed this for a present so did not have the time to send it back and change it.

Apart from that it was fine, and was a very welcome present for one happy little girl!
on 17 September 2007
Maybe i live a sheltered life but this has to be one of the best kid's books ever written. I wonder whether Mr. Dahl was a madman or a genious. I got this for my 4 year old and as much as he enjoyed it, I think the real treat was for me the mum. This book must have passed me by when i was a child but I shall make sure I recommend it to all of my friends (and their children of course).
on 20 November 2001
Personly i loved this book it was full of thrills i found it helariously funny and rather smart.This has to be one of my faverout books ever. My faverou charector has to bethe pelly he was the bucket and he cought a famous robber and he was also like a helecopter air lifting Gorge up.I espesially liked the end how the the geraffe got is speshale tree and the pelly got his faverout fish the monkey got his nuts and Gorge got his sweet shop.Ialso liked how he made the animals go together as a window cleaning company.It has een a while since i read this book but i shal lways remember it.
on 7 April 2016
Great classic story, my son isn't a fiction book fan but this one he actually liked. It wasn't too long and had interesting characters, the story is packed with things little boys like, for example sweets, a robbery, a gun. Really good story to start on as it seems to have sparked a real interest in Roald Dahl for my son (thankfully as I don't feel I can continue reading books about cement, jet planes, tractors etc without loosing my mind). Excellent value for money.
on 26 January 2000
My favourite book of all time has to be the Giraffe and the pelly and me. I first read it in year three. I think the funniest part is when the giraffe the pelican and the monkey are throwing household things out of the window and its all smashing on the concrete below. When I first read the book I belived the giraffes neck could really strech, the giraffe stretches his neck whilst window cleaning for the duke. I always dreamed of eating the sweets, from the grubber, Gumtwizzlers, Fizzwinkles, Frothblowers, Spitsizzlers, Tummyticklers, Gobwangles and Plushnuggets.
on 22 July 2015
Loved this book when I was little and love it now. Absolutely magical! My daughter will love this whether she likes it or not. There's a lot more words than I remembered so I think I bought it too soon for her (age 3) but in no time at all she will easily be able to listen to it all and I have no doubt that it will capture her imagination as it did mine.
on 23 June 2010
I liked it alot because it made me laugh out loud. There's an abandoned house. There's animal window cleaners who wash the windows. Keep reading this book and you will find out the characters adventures. Beautifully illustrated by Quentin Blake this is a brilliant book because I couldn't put it down.
on 28 March 2015
This book is about a window cleaning company operated by a Giraffe, a Pelican and a Monkey from a shop called the Grubber (former sweet shop). When they are given an assignment to clean the Duke of Hampshire's windows from his country estate little do they know what adventures they will encounter.

Absolutely loved this book. Where did Roald Dahl get his imagination from? The man was a genius
on 2 January 2016
The book arrived on time but there was a slight crease in the outer cover, it looked as if it had been bent during transit. It was a Christmas gift and my grandson liked the story v. much. Typical Dahl stuff.
on 25 November 2011
I am going through the Roald Dahl collection with our youngest, and we've just finished this one. Having previously read the BFG, we were in need of some light relief, and found it in this short but entertaining tale.

Its the story of a boy and his new found, window-cleaning animal friends. Its a delightful, charming tale, which will be a joy to read for young and old readers alike.

It isn't broken up into chapters, however, if you split it up yourself into manageable chunks there is about 5 nights of bedtime reading to be had, depending on your reading speed.

Best of all, no kiddies get eaten by giants.