on 7 June 2003
If you are 7-100 years old ( even if you're over 100, still buy this book)BUY THIS BOOK. All three in the series are just so enjoyable. The best thing about this book is the characters. Atermis changes throughout the series and when it feels like you've got to know him he surprises you somehow. You get to know a lot more about Julliet in this book.
If i had to give it one critism it would be that the plot was quite like the book before it, but i didnt care, there is a very fustrating twist at the end.
When is the fourth one coming out?!
on 12 May 2003
This book is brilliant. In this great tale we meet young artemis criminal mastermind once again as he creates a new system, a small box which holds the power to hack into any mainframe including the goverments, Unfortuneately He forgot to exclude the Exclude the LEP (fairy) hacking item and after its theft both the LEP and artemis are in trouble...
I highly reccomend this book especially for artemis fans (like me!) this is one of the best written and well thought out of books for children, it'll leave you gripping for more!!
on 28 April 2003
Artemis Fowl who you might already know is a young teenage boy and a criminal mastermind.
He discovered that fairies live deep underground and has previously taken one hostage and asked for their help, but know he has made a machine composed of fairy and human technology. In the wrong hands it could be disasterous but the plan is not to use it but show it to the mafia. As you can probably tell somethings going to go wrong.
Filled with smart alic jokes this is one of the best Artemis Fowlbooks yet. A must read.
on 11 May 2003
I am an enthusiastic fan of the whole Artemis Fowl series, and so I have followed each one upon release. In comparison to the two other books, The Eternity Code is same old same old. Of course by this I mean gripping, exciting, thrilling and original, as always. Eoin Colfer has done it again, providing new twists and turns at every corner. An asset to the author. I can find no reason to give this title any less than 5 stars. I would recommend this to anyone from ages 10+. Well worth your money!
on 26 May 2003
The third book in this gripping series had me hooked all the way through! It has excitement, pace, and certainly classes as one of those books that you seem unable to put down! All the old characters are back, doing what they do best, and Colfer's creation of an super technological fairy world remains a believable marvel, with every last detail realised. A fantastic book for kids, with plenty of humour, and the ending, which I won't spoil, is absolutely fantastic! Buy it, or miss out!
on 19 May 2003
The lastest Artemis Fowl book is just as witty, fast paced and humerous as the first two in the series.
Artemis Fowl has constructed a super computer out of stolen fairy LEP technology. He can't resist to show it off, and he's confident that with his butler Butler to protect him, nothing can go wrong. But it would be a worse book if it didn't.
This book is perfect for reading to yourself or to younger children. It is definitely worth 5 stars.
on 6 March 2004
As always I have nothing to give but praise to Colfer's books. Artemis Fowl: The Eternity Code was my favorite of the three Artemis books, however I know people who disagree. Anyhow, this book starts when Butler gets shot by John Spiro, the bad guy, in an ambush in a resturant. Artemis tricks the LEP to coming and guess who it is, Holly Short. So of course all Spiro wanted was Artemis's stolen-fairy-technology C-cube. Of course now it is up to Holly, Artemis,Juliet, and Mulch to get it back (with Foaly's help obviously). There a big surprise in for you at the end! Hope you like it.
on 8 May 2011
Like all the Artemis Fowl books Eoin Colfer writes very well, the plots are well thought out. There is no lag in the action. Although it is intended primarily as a book for children it is equally readable by adults, with as much enjoyment. The characters are well rounded out and believable and the setting, although fantasy, is so well written that you could imagine it really happening! Always a good read, as are so many of his books.
on 22 October 2010
Review written on behalf of a 10 year old avid reader (PJH):

This book reads as well as the reviews say it does. It took me to another reality! Furthermore, I got so involved when I was reading it that I would get into trouble because I would rather read this book than do anything else. I think every child should read this because it amazed me - and has helped with my 'wow' words in literacy too!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 May 2003
When I picked up the first Artemis Fowl book, I was fairly well entertained, but it did not leave a lasting impression on me. This third one though surpasses the others in every way. It is much more fast paced, and from the very first shocking opening chapter, I could not put the book down. I don't tend to read lots of book, so if you only read one book this year....make sure it is this one!!!!!