Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 January 2009
This book is brilliant, you may think at first glance it's simply writen with little details - dont be fooled. The plot is this books strength and has everything to make the perfect whodunnit for teenagers!
I enjoyed it so much, the emotion builds up to a brilliant conclusion, though i wont give it away - i will say that you will not be disapointed.
I'd reccomend this book to any 13+ that want a decent book, it does have it's fair share of violence and 'adult' themes however...
BRILLIANT!
on 2 January 2010
I was asked to read this book so I thought I would give it a go. I got very into it and really enjoyed it, I literally couldn't put it down. Then i got to the last couple of chapters and i was very disapointed because it has quite a sad ending. I felt that Kevin Brooks rushed it at the end and couldn't finish it properly. Overall, if you dont like sad endings I wouldn't buy this book but if you don't mind them then I would definitely recommend this book to you.
on 31 January 2010
"Black Rabbit Summer" is a brilliant book. You will pick it up and you wont be able to put it down. This is aimed for teenagers, but with the themes of sex, murder, sexuality, alcohol and drugs, it is a good read for anybody 13+
on 15 May 2013
Still reading it but it getting good now i can not put it down. Kevin brooks Is so good in his books keep going Kevin
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 1 November 2008
It's a rite of passage from adolescence to adulthood, leaving old friends behind for a future beckoning with invitations of bigger and better things to come. There is a reason we outgrow friendships. Sometimes things are better left behind.

Peter wasn't even thinking when he got the phone call; after all, it was summer. If he would have been, he'd have stuck with Raymond and let the others go on without them without looking back. As it was, nostalgia got the better of him, and he agreed to meet one last time in the den, their former home-away-from-home, but only if Raymond could come, too. Besides, he and Nicole had more than just a past, didn't they?

Five former friends, some booze, and a combination of drugs (some by choice, some not), add up to one night of confusion, chaos, and death. What follows in classic Brooks fashion is a mystery that continues to weave into itself more intricately rather than toward a resolution. Oh yes, certain issues are resolved involving who murdered whom along the way, but it's hard to say when we find those details out that it even matters. Who we end up caring most about is not the rich, fake, do-anything-to-be-famous Stella, but the odd, loner Raymond who talks to his black rabbit. Oh yeah, and it talks back to him.

Brooks is extraordinary at pulling us into his characters, leading us ever so slowly to answers, and then leaving much, though not all, left unsaid. If you are looking for a perfect ending, he's probably not your man. If you are looking to be challenged as a reader and not spoon-fed all the answers? Here's yet another of his works where you won't walk away being disappointed.

Reviewed by: Angie Fisher
on 7 September 2014
Enjoyed the book and thought the ending was superb!
on 16 August 2014
Keeps you constantly guessing and never is dull.
on 27 March 2015