on 5 October 2016
All my favourites as a child, plus a whole lot more. Great book but there are some strange poems considering they were chosen by children. (One about telling lies and getting burnt to death springs to mind). But my 7 year old loves it and picks out some every night to read. Roald Dahls little red riding hood is a real gem, worth buying the book just for that. A real twist on the usual ending, but I'll Say no more, read it yourself. Highly recommended book for year 3 as an introduction to poetry. Enjoy.
4 people found this helpful
on 9 February 2018
Quick and easy sale, with a fantastic product. Highly recommended!
on 22 January 2018
Really enjoy reading this book of poems.
on 27 February 2016
Excellent service, and a lovely choice of poems, some of which I remember from my own childhood. I intend this for an 8 year old, and am sure it will be perfect.
2 people found this helpful
on 17 May 2013
i had to read the book for my open uni module. i was surprised that i actually enjoyed the anthology. it's not one sided collection. many poems from different genres were included in the book, so everyone will find to their interest.
on 13 June 2013
This is a super selection of poems, some well-known, others obscure. It mixes sad with humorous, long with short, classic with modern. Fun! I have used it with a Y9 pupil (she has a braille version) and we have really enjoyed it.
on 12 November 2015
lovely poems for children with nice illustrations. very happy.
on 20 July 2013
I ordered this book for an OU course but love it. Children's poetry is brilliant, especially anything by Roger McGough (have loved his poetry since I was about 7). Lovely presentation. And it arrived quickly and it perfect condition.
One person found this helpful
on 26 October 2015
Poems selected by children for children and collated by a poet. Many varieties of poetry included and is well worth buying whatever your age.
on 15 March 2015
Lovely book - would definitely recommend. Bought it for my 6 year old and a couple of the poems are a little old for her such as The Highwayman (one if my favourites!), but that does mean she will be able to revisit it as she gets older.