on 10 February 2015
At first It took me some time getting used to the writing style. It was different, unlike anything I had ever read before. Written in the style of diary entries by a character named Antoine Roquentin, a writer who lives alone spending his time wandering the streets of Bouville, reflecting on his past times when he was an adventurer and had a wife named Anny.
This Isn't one of those novels that you would pick up when you're bored or need something to pass time. To really appreciate it you have to read it slowly. Many of you will relate to Antoine deeply and if you're one of them then you'll be so very glad to have found this book. Sartre is able to express through words what we often think but struggle to verbalise.
Each chapter is beautifully written, you may find yourself smiling or laughing at times at the brilliant use of satirical humour.

I have to say that this is definitely my favourite book so far. Oh and if you have ever or do presently suffer with depression then you will either be thrilled to have discovered it or leave it incomplete. So anybody out there with depression, or other mood disorders, just to warn you, you may find this book triggering.
on 29 October 2013
I thought I was going to find an existentialist novel a difficult read. However, this story is surprisingly human and absorbing. I absolutely loved the scenes with the Auto-didact and the descriptions. I must admit that I would need to re-read it or think more on the philosophy behind it to understand the deeper message, but I did engage with Satre's prose style and characters and description and dialogue. I also liked its simplicity. We don't have a huge glaring of characters with vague and tenuous connections to get to know. There were also some personal moments for the main character that really corresponded with certain aspects of my own life. No doubt I will come back to Satre and read his other titles.
on 29 April 2017
The book itself is a classic, an introverted look at a man who's lost his raison d'etre. His existential reflections at the end are very insightful.
In all it's a very relatable and good book. most people will connect with it to some degree.

About the quality of the book itself, nicely made, no type errors or build errors, all good there.
on 20 September 2015
Really gets you thinking about your own life and 'adventures'
on 13 January 2017
short and clever
on 16 September 2013
First Sartre book l have ever read,compelling reading,highly recommend this if you have any doubts about life and meaning,brilliant book..
on 15 December 2015
Very quick delivery! I love this book. It's deep, it's dark but it's beautiful !
on 24 September 2015
Good edition.
on 30 January 2014
Excellent book, unique and positively challenging. Sartre examines ideas and questions that I have pondered for most of my life and I really enjoyed reading these written through the narrative of Antoine Roquentin.
on 4 January 2016
Terrifying and stunning. A true jewel of modern literature from a young Sartre.