Format: Paperback|Change

on 10 February 2017
Very disappointed. I've loved the three Mole books I've read so far, and the Mole section of this is wonderful, but the other completely disparate parts I found less entertaining. And the final 25% is simply filling: a bio of Sue, holiday trips, extracts of other books (including glowing reviews) lists of Mole characters, etc. It felt as though she was struggling to pad out a not very long book with whatever came to mind. I was left feeling irritated and conned. But I hope it won't put me off reading more S Townsend.
on 24 October 2016
Adrian Mole is the hook, read the first two and loved them. Unfortunately this book is only a third Adrian and the rest is garbage. If that wasn't bad enough, the Adrian section was of particularly poor quality. Paid £3.99 for this book and am appalled! Personally I would not recommend to anyone, even die hard fans, as it spoils such a great character and storyline.
on 24 September 2016
So far I have only read the Mole section. If you like the Mole books you will like this too. My own feeling is that the essay format does not work as well as the diary format. The diaries are better than this. Is it that there is not the brief moment by moment tension of the diaries? Terse diary entries make the reader follow the story at a pace which allows us to enjoy slowly every agonised moment, whereas one solid lump of text tends to be read at one big gulp.
on 28 January 2013
Anyone automatically buying this as a sequel to the Adrian Mole books should be aware that it is NOT a sequel as such- this is a collection of writings by Sue Townsend which includes a few Adrian Mole pieces. They don't really tie in with the personality of the Mole character from the 1st two books, either, so it's for completists only.

Completists who aren't especially picky.
on 15 July 2014
I didn't like this because there was so little Adrian Mole I didn't get even half way through the Sue Townsend diary and didn't touch the Margret Thatcher diary's! I just skipped to the wilderness years you aren't even missing much to be honest you could skip this book and read wilderness years!
on 9 June 2017
I have read and reread the Adrian Mole books so many times over the years and still find myself coming back to them periodically. Funny and engaging these can hold their own.
on 30 August 2016
dont bother with it,enjoy book 1 & 2... This book will ruin it with your enjoyment of Adrian Mole books.
on 24 April 2017
Worth reading but I wasn't sure what to expect with this one. It's great that it fills the gaps and gives insights into Adrian. Sue Townsend and other characters.
on 1 March 2017
Very good
on 2 March 2017
great read just like all her books.